Forums
Posted By: Uffda Remanufactured Ink Cartridges - 26th Aug 2012 5:35pm
Hi,
My HP 1400 printer has run out of ink as as I'm not working at the moment, I'm trying to source some cheap printer ink. I've looked on Ebay and found loads of auctions for remanufactured ink cartridges. When I look at the customer feedback, there are many negative comments about the cartridges only printing 30 or so sheets before giving up or that they are not compatible or even break the printer. Has anyone had any experiences with these or know where I can get some reliable, reasonably cheap ink?
Many thanks.
Posted By: dave_h Re: Remanufactured Ink Cartridges - 26th Aug 2012 5:43pm
i got a hp all in one, i bought these re manufactured cartridges, they dont last long at all , the colour one i got was horrendous so i personally would steer clear
Posted By: Salmon Re: Remanufactured Ink Cartridges - 26th Aug 2012 6:11pm
Funny enough I asked a very similar question on Wiki a while back, asking about refilled cartridges.The feedback I got was that refilled are much better nowadays and do a good job.I tried 2 diferent sources and they were ok for basic black and white (greyscale) printing but to print photos they were desparately poor.I am sticking to manufacturer's brand from now on.I have a Lexmark printer and do not print much, maybe 40 pages per month and the odd photo so it probably does depend on how much you will print.Perhaps the occasional parking letter dispute?
Posted By: kenmo52 Re: Remanufactured Ink Cartridges - 26th Aug 2012 6:16pm
I get mine from www.cartridgepeople.com.
I have found them to be very good, once I had a cartridge that gave up after a short time, I rang them and they sent me a new one, no hesitation, it arrived the following day. Customer service excellent and no quibbling whatsoever. Free postage even if you have to return anything.
Posted By: dave_h Re: Remanufactured Ink Cartridges - 26th Aug 2012 6:17pm
Originally Posted by Salmon
Funny enough I asked a very similar question on Wiki a while back, asking about refilled cartridges.The feedback I got was that refilled are much better nowadays and do a good job.I tried 2 diferent sources and they were ok for basic black and white (greyscale) printing but to print photos they were desparately poor.I am sticking to manufacturer's brand from now on.I have a Lexmark printer and do not print much, maybe 40 pages per month and the odd photo so it probably does depend on how much you will print.Perhaps the occasional parking letter dispute?

i bought a laser colour printer, i use black a lot but colour not that often, but the quality is amazing, defo stick with the manufacturers
Posted By: Salmon Re: Remanufactured Ink Cartridges - 26th Aug 2012 6:26pm
I agree, Cartridge people are brilliant, I ordered my last lot of Manufacturer's cartridge at 3pm and the postman was knocking next day at 930AM with my order.
Posted By: turnip Re: Remanufactured Ink Cartridges - 26th Aug 2012 7:30pm
Have you tried the actual hp site? I always get mine from them direct as its about 10 quid cheaper than tesco for they're own brand alternative. Then send in the ink cartridges to tesco and get some clubcard points wink
Posted By: eggandchips Re: Remanufactured Ink Cartridges - 27th Aug 2012 9:30am
http://www.compatible-inkjet-cartridges.co.uk/products.php
Posted By: Uffda Re: Remanufactured Ink Cartridges - 27th Aug 2012 4:49pm
Many thanks for the advice, have just ordered some from The Cartridge People.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral