Forums
Posted By: shar215 no picture - 20th Aug 2012 6:35pm
went to watch a lovefilm movie today ,but no picture on the tv when the hdmi cable is plugged into the laptop
Posted By: eggandchips Re: no picture - 20th Aug 2012 6:44pm
do you need to change the source from your remote
Posted By: shar215 Re: no picture - 20th Aug 2012 6:50pm
i have tryed the remote .. i think it is the laptop tryed it on other tv's in the house still no luck
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: no picture - 20th Aug 2012 7:58pm
.Have you tried .. change your display settings .. Start menu pop it in the search bar .. or press "WINDOWS" then tap "P" both keys
Posted By: Andrew1980 Re: no picture - 20th Aug 2012 8:49pm
You have to change display settings in windows media player or which ever media player you use I would advise vlc media you might have to asign the sound to be played through the tv.
Posted By: Mark Re: no picture - 21st Aug 2012 6:42am
My Laptop Automatically detects the HDMI and Regardless of the Program used makes it go HDMI.

You need to have the correct channel selected on your TV.
HDMI 1
HDMI 2

Modern Tv's there just not point and click any more frown
Posted By: shar215 Re: no picture - 21st Aug 2012 8:52am
hi mark ive tryed hdmi 1 and hdmi 2 .still no pic .
Posted By: Willo_ Re: no picture - 21st Aug 2012 9:12am
Look at picture attached.

See pic on F5 key, look for this on yours, and press FN key on bottom left of keyboard, whilst holding down FN, look for the key that has the symbol the same as F5 key in picture and press it
and choose projector only.

Attached picture Toshiba C660D tastatura.jpg
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: no picture - 21st Aug 2012 12:50pm
Originally Posted by shar215
went to watch a lovefilm movie today ,but no picture on the tv when the hdmi cable is plugged into the laptop

Yo, set your tv to automatically switch to connected devices

mine does this on toshiba, that should sort it out, i had same prob doing my skull in when i wanted to play games off my laptop.

EDIT*
yo, just realised if your tv is not full hd it wont work unless you turn the hd settings down on your laptop, its a safety device on older tv's that are just hd compatible so the laptop doesn't damage the tv.

put the model no. of your tv up and we will be able to let you know this.

smile
Posted By: shar215 Re: no picture - 21st Aug 2012 2:06pm
hi ste it was working fine on saturday..The tv is ,LG 42pq3000-za and the laptop is sony vaio vpceb3f4e .
© Wirral-Wikiwirral