Forums
Posted By: chris123 Motorised Satellite Dish no longer moves - 13th Aug 2012 7:17am
Ive got a motorised satellite dish which was working fine until this weekend- Ive tried rebooting the box, flashing a new image on my dreambox but still the dish will not move! Does anyone have any experience of this or do I need a new motor?
Posted By: eddie64 Re: Motorised Satellite Dish no longer moves - 13th Aug 2012 8:52am
what motor is connected to the dish.
Posted By: davew3 Re: Motorised Satellite Dish no longer moves - 13th Aug 2012 9:05am
Try looking for the manual on rebooting the motor on the motor itself, you usually have to press the two buttons on powerup it's fiddly but it works on the one I have, but I presume you've told you sat via the menu what to use to control the motor.
Posted By: chris123 Re: Motorised Satellite Dish no longer moves - 13th Aug 2012 10:26am
Cheers for the replies. Its an Alsat Dark Motor on the dish. Have managed to find the manual but dont have ladders to get up there will have to try and borrow some or pay for the installer to come and have a look
Posted By: chris123 Re: Motorised Satellite Dish no longer moves - 13th Aug 2012 10:27am
and yes I have tried powering down the box, Ive also gone into positioner set up and clicked go to 0 but still the dish doesnt move
Hi, I have seen this problem many a times, I am betting you have a cheap enigma 1 dreambox clone like a eagle box or something? Basically the component in the box that provides the 12v output to the motor gives up the ghost, I don't think I have ever seen nor heard of a dead motor
Posted By: baldybrewer Re: Motorised Satellite Dish no longer moves - 13th Aug 2012 6:49pm
Alsat motors are renowned for jamming requiring a reset to be done I think you press the two buttons under the motor for 5 seconds.
Is the motor jammed on one satellite or in between satellites.
Can you see the leds flash or hear any noise when you select another sat?
Posted By: chris123 Re: Motorised Satellite Dish no longer moves - 14th Aug 2012 8:33am
Computerlab, it's not a cheap clone it's a genuine DM500hd cost me over £300 about 18 months ago. It's locked on 28.8 e it may well be jammed and need resetting hopefully will be quite easy to sort but I don't have ladders- going to see if I can borrow some
Posted By: chris123 Re: Motorised Satellite Dish no longer moves - 14th Aug 2012 8:35am
When I try and move the dish both the red and green lights flash together on the motor
Posted By: Tatey Re: Motorised Satellite Dish no longer moves - 14th Aug 2012 9:00am
Originally Posted by chris123
Computerlab, it's not a cheap clone it's a genuine DM500hd cost me over £300 about 18 months ago. It's locked on 28.8 e it may well be jammed and need resetting hopefully will be quite easy to sort but I don't have ladders- going to see if I can borrow some

I have a set you can borrow if you want. I am in New Brighton.
Posted By: chris123 Re: Motorised Satellite Dish no longer moves - 14th Aug 2012 9:40am
Cheers mate, will i fit them in a vauxhall astra?
Posted By: eddie64 Re: Motorised Satellite Dish no longer moves - 23rd Aug 2012 8:09pm
did you get you dish fixed,mate
Posted By: camtrix321 Re: Motorised Satellite Dish no longer moves - 23rd Aug 2012 9:12pm
Hi mate i`ve a spiderbox you can borrow to eliminate your dreambox if you want pm me
© Wirral-Wikiwirral