Forums
Posted By: Alonso Enlarging image on screen. - 14th Jun 2012 7:49am
Hi folks. Somebody put a helpful piece on here a few weeks ago about how to enlarge/reduce images on screen. It was mentioned on a thread not connected to computer technology and not an exclusive post. It involved keeping the Ctrl pressed down whilst using the wheel on the mouse. But there is also another key to press. I don't seem to be able to find it. Anybody out there know what else I press? Cheers!
Posted By: tedmus Re: Enlarging image on screen. - 14th Jun 2012 7:54am
Ctrl + to zoom in, Ctrl - to zoom out. smile
Posted By: Alonso Re: Enlarging image on screen. - 14th Jun 2012 8:00am
That was quick and thanks. I was trying to enlarge some print on an Outlook Express e-mail message and it just wasn't working. However, it is working just as you have helpfully pointed out on anything else. Obviously it doesn't control the size of print or images on an Outlook Express e-mail message. Bit baffling. Cheers!
Posted By: tedmus Re: Enlarging image on screen. - 14th Jun 2012 9:08am
Ahh right, I don't use Outlook myself but just did a quick Google, don't know if this is any use?

http://email.about.com/od/outlookex...rger_Font_in_Windows_Live_Mail_WM_OE.htm
Posted By: Alonso Re: Enlarging image on screen. - 14th Jun 2012 9:32am
Thanks for that will give it a try.
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Enlarging image on screen. - 14th Jun 2012 11:01am
and to return back to a normal screen size press ctrl and 0 (zero)
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Enlarging image on screen. - 14th Jun 2012 11:06am
Or if you have a multi touch pad pinch in and out as you would with an iphone smile
Posted By: MikeT Re: Enlarging image on screen. - 14th Jun 2012 12:52pm
Originally Posted by tedmus

just to clarify, that's the + and - keys on the numeric keypad. ctrl-0 reverts to default on Firefox but doesn't work on IE.

As the OP said, it doesn't work at all in Outlook Express. Typical Micro$oft lack of consistency.
Posted By: Alonso Re: Enlarging image on screen. - 14th Jun 2012 6:01pm
Originally Posted by MikeT

just to clarify, that's the + and - keys on the numeric keypad. ctrl-0 reverts to default on Firefox but doesn't work on IE.

As the OP said, it doesn't work at all in Outlook Express. Typical Micro$oft lack of consistency.

I agree, and thanks for your help.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Enlarging image on screen. - 14th Jun 2012 9:35pm

have to disagree with you Mike, it does work with I.E. (8, at least) I would be lost without it!
Posted By: ChrisJ Re: Enlarging image on screen. - 15th Jun 2012 1:28am
Originally Posted by Croc_

Have to disagree with you Mike, it does work with I.E. (8, at least) I would be lost without it!

Have to disagree as well it works (Ctrl + 0) with IE 9 & Opera & Chrome with the funtion key numbers and the keypad numbers
© Wirral-Wikiwirral