Forums
Posted By: Laraine System Recovery Discs for HP anyone? Please? - 16th Apr 2012 10:08pm
Just wondering if anyone may have a System Recovery Kit/discs for MS Windows Vista Premium x64 System Recovery Kit dv7-2110sa

Its for a HP Pavilion Entertainment PC (laptop)

Laraine
Posted By: Mark Re: System Recovery Discs for HP anyone? Please? - 17th Apr 2012 6:48am
You can buy them from HP Normally.
However expect a crazy price.

Last time I looked up from a manufacure site it was about £70

You can google it, or try only with a vista disc and then down load the drivers after the install.

Curious why you need a dics?
There could be a easier / cheaper option.

There is normally a disc creation program ?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: System Recovery Discs for HP anyone? Please? - 17th Apr 2012 7:43am
Your laptop may also have a partition with the system on it, there should be a program in your start menu somewhere for system recovery and as mark says there will be a program to backup your hard drive to recovery discs.
All laptops come with these now.
Posted By: Laraine Re: System Recovery Discs for HP anyone? Please? - 17th Apr 2012 4:29pm
A we while ago my system crashed, I recovered the data by putting it onto an external hard drive, then at the weekend finally got round to using the restore on the computer,(which was in the partition) everything was going fine until the dog got caught up in the cables and the laptop lost its power, and the restore was interupted, now each time it switches on it gets so far and asks for the windows discs. I am wary of paying silly amounts for discs from the internet, especially if they don't work.
Laraine
Posted By: Andyfade Re: System Recovery Discs for HP anyone? Please? - 18th Apr 2012 10:27pm
I had same problem.

Called Rent a nerd Computers. They guy helped me out. Cheaper than the recovery discs.
Dont know number. just google it
Posted By: TheDr Re: System Recovery Discs for HP anyone? Please? - 19th Apr 2012 12:20am
Laraine, the interruption to the power shouldn't have caused any problem with the recovery partition (unless it damaged the hard drive), but it just caused the install to "lose it's way".

All you need to do is force it to start the recovery again from the beginning, at the moment it's trying to continue with the one it already started.

If you get stuck just come down to my place (shop) and we'll sort it out for you.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral