Forums
Posted By: rocks best rechargeable batteries - 16th Apr 2012 7:38pm
im just after some recommendations for the best rechargeable AA batteries for my Nikon bridge camera, and the fastest/best charging unit, all help welcome as im in new territory....thanks
Posted By: Anonymous Re: best rechargeable batteries - 16th Apr 2012 8:18pm
Eneloop! Can't fault them, come fully charged, ready to go and they last for ages! I bought 8 for my cameras and they charge in a couple of hours with an Energiser charger. Really good value I think.

Amazon link
Posted By: rocks Re: best rechargeable batteries - 16th Apr 2012 8:27pm
thanks croc for the clicky i'll take a look smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: best rechargeable batteries - 16th Apr 2012 8:30pm
The beauty of these batteries is that thay don't lose their charge like normal rechargeables, they can sit in a drawer for a year and still hold 85% of their charge, normal ones would need charging if you did that.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: best rechargeable batteries - 17th Apr 2012 11:29am
Sanyo Eneloops all the way!

My dad used to work for Sanyo and we got loads for free, I still use them now and they are as good as when brand new!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: best rechargeable batteries - 17th Apr 2012 2:19pm
Don't use a 1 hour charger, guaranteed way to wreck virtually any battery.

Do use an intelligent charger that won't overcharge them.

Don't bother with NiCad batteries, they were possibly the worst battery technology ever introduced.

I back up the comments about eneloop, you might find them badged as Panasonic now since the takoever a couple of years ago.

The recommended rechargeable batteries are Nikon EN-MH2, which aren't badly priced.

Especially with Nikon, check the camera firmware is up to date to support NiMH batteries.

Personally, I use cheap NiMH batteries as I'm not bothered about discharge rate, if I'm going to use them, I charge them and I charge them about once a month if they are not used (I've charged about 20 batteries in the last 24 hours).

Don't leave any rechargeable battery in a discharged state for any length of time. All rechargeable technologies (lead, lithium, Nicad, NiMH) do not like remaining flat.

Always have a spare pack to hand, most makes of batteries have the occasional duff one that just gives up the will to live when you least want it to.
Posted By: rocks Re: best rechargeable batteries - 17th Apr 2012 5:32pm
thanks everyone for your advice iv treated myself to 8 AA sanyo eneloop smile
i have use of TCs normal charger for now but may treat myself to a better one if i need too next month
Posted By: rocks Re: best rechargeable batteries - 19th Apr 2012 9:17am
batteries have just arrived!!! that was quick, will let you know how i get on with them smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral