Forums
Posted By: yewgarth LG 42PC1D 42'' Plasma problem - 10th Apr 2012 6:48pm
Within the last eight weeks our LG telly is taking longer to switch on. You click it on and after a few flickers of the light it goes back into stand-by. It takes about ten flicks and five minutes with the remote for it to work. Any ideas and how to fix? cheers,martin
Posted By: Sneezy Re: LG 42PC1D 42'' Plasma problem - 10th Apr 2012 7:03pm
We had a similar thing when our set was less than 12 months old... Luckily still under warranty... When the fella came out to repair it he just replaced the whole of the gubbins inside the tv, said it was normal for these types of sets and cheaper to replace insides than get parts !!
Posted By: little_pob Re: LG 42PC1D 42'' Plasma problem - 11th Apr 2012 8:12am
Power supply? Take the back off the set and check all the PCBs for bulging capacitors (careful not to touch them though as they can carry a charge even though not plugged in).
Posted By: Anonymous Re: LG 42PC1D 42'' Plasma problem - 11th Apr 2012 10:37am
As I said in another topic, Plasmas are unreliable & crap..
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: LG 42PC1D 42'' Plasma problem - 11th Apr 2012 10:41am
Originally Posted by _Jase_
As I said in another topic, Plasmas are unreliable & crap..
withthat

They also heat up too much and consume far to much electric.

LG are a pet hate of mine, very unreliable.

The ONLY good thing about plasmas are the screens are not as fragile as LCD screens.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: LG 42PC1D 42'' Plasma problem - 11th Apr 2012 12:31pm
Originally Posted by yewgarth
Within the last eight weeks our LG telly is taking longer to switch on. You click it on and after a few flickers of the light it goes back into stand-by. It takes about ten flicks and five minutes with the remote for it to work. Any ideas and how to fix? cheers,martin

Give me the model number off your power pcb and I will see if I have one here for you.
Posted By: Porter4659 Re: LG 42PC1D 42'' Plasma problem - 16th Sep 2012 1:54pm
it's the power supply that's what's wrong with it ?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral