Forums
Posted By: chris7777 HELP!! can't recieve my text messages!! - 7th Apr 2012 7:53pm
can anyone help with this? i have a samsung galaxy europa and i'm having problems with it today, on the bar at the top of the screen there is a little red box, and that means phone storage is low, so i have un-installed a few things but it's still there, also i've been getting texts coming through but the phone is rejecting them saying the messaging is full! but there are no messages in there!! what can i do??
Posted By: TheDr Re: HELP!! can't recieve my text messages!! - 7th Apr 2012 8:29pm
It's a software bug in a lot of the Samsung Galaxys' (at least 3 and S).

It apparently results from being sent an SMS longer than 160 characters that the sending phone splits up in several parts and then for some reason the sending phone (bad signal etc.) has to send one of the parts twice. When the receiving Galaxy receives one part of the long message twice, it generates a "protocol error" and stops accepting any messages from that carrier, and until the software is updated the "potential" problem exists.

The problem should get fixed by putting the SIM card into another phone and then sending an SMS to yourself, this should also retrieve all of your missing SMS.

Try updating your software, this bug should have been cured in the latest update.

Swapping the sim card to get it going again is just a work-a-round, not a fix.

If all else fails, use Go SMS instead smile
Posted By: chris7777 Re: HELP!! can't recieve my text messages!! - 7th Apr 2012 9:33pm
ok thanks for your help,already have the latest software,i am on a sim only contract with 3, don't have another phone with 3, i'll go to the 3 shop in Birkenhead next week and see if they can help if it does'nt right itself, i've had this phone 6mths and i've had a few problems before with it like freezing, then have to take the battery out and in again, might go for a different phone but not a Samsung!!i'm not impressed with it!!
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: HELP!! can't recieve my text messages!! - 7th Apr 2012 9:49pm
google the problem and it should explain what to do!!
Posted By: chris7777 Re: HELP!! can't recieve my text messages!! - 7th Apr 2012 11:02pm
ok, i've got it sorted, googled it and someone else had the same problem and it's all down to installing to many apps, they take up space and then you don't have enough for the texts to get through! now i ask myself ''why do they have the android market with all these apps to download'' as soon as i deleted some of them my texts started to come through! i'm a happy bunny now!lol
© Wirral-Wikiwirral