Forums
I am with 02 and the signal is terrible when you call someone on my iphone,it cuts out or completely no signal!!! The 3g signal is a joke therefore when I am upgrading am leaving them. What i need to know is which supplier has the best signal on in Wallasey? Thanks
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Mobile phone suppier for the best signal???? - 18th Mar 2012 10:00am
with t mobile-orange and get great coverage.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Mobile phone suppier for the best signal???? - 18th Mar 2012 11:56am
I have T-Mobile/Orange on my work iPhone and O2 on my personal one.

Whilst O2 may offer slightly better deals at times going by signal alone it has to be T-Mobile, I'm getting 3G coverage from them in areas I can't even make a call with O2.
I am thinking of changing suppler in the next few weeks so its interesting to know.

This page links to all the suppliers coverage checkers.

http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/telephone/mobilecoverage
All networks will have blackspots somewhere, 3G on 2100 MHz has aways been problematic for all the operators, especially for indoor coverage.
If you are about to change contract on O2 get yourself a new mobile with UMTS900 capability. The Iphone 4GS and most new smartphones now have this extra band. UMTS900 propagates better than 3G on 2100 MHz and penetrates buildings better. O2 have already completed a lot of their UMTS900 coverage on Wirral and you will find very few "holes" in there coverage if you compare their coverage on here:
http://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker
Enter your postcode and handset, if you select a UMTS900 capable handset you should see a big improvement in coverage for mobile internet and mobile broadband.
i'm on 3,it's a good signal outside but in my living room it's not good,but if i go upstairs it's great!!
i have a sim only contract for £10 a month were you get 300mins,3000txts and 1gb internet,i think it's quite good, but i s,pose it depends on how you use your phone.
Originally Posted by chris7777
i'm on 3,it's a good signal outside but in my living room it's not good,but if i go upstairs it's great!!
i have a sim only contract for £10 a month were you get 300mins,3000txts and 1gb internet,i think it's quite good, but i s,pose it depends on how you use your phone.

That is a great deal. What is the coverage like in general then. Not just on the Wirral but in other places you have been?. Is it decent now because knowing how bad it used to be a few years ago is the only thing putting me off them as some of their deals are really good.
Originally Posted by KevinFinity
Originally Posted by chris7777

That is a great deal. What is the coverage like in general then. Not just on the Wirral but in other places you have been?. Is it decent now because knowing how bad it used to be a few years ago is the only thing putting me off them as some of their deals are really good.

i find the signal ok were ever i go---except my living room! so can't complain.
It makes me laugh just had a look at the o2 checker and it says cover is great in my area. I can't call anybody on my mobile and the 3g flashes on and off like a traffic light! Fed off with 02..am going to go with Orange when my contract is up
By the way I have an iphone 3GS and this does not make any difference as I had a Samsung Ace a few moths ago.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Mobile phone suppier for the best signal???? - 18th Mar 2012 10:57pm
More info wink https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/674096/Vodafone_signal.html#Post674096
© Wirral-Wikiwirral