Forums
Posted By: Salmon Mozilla applications - 17th Mar 2012 3:39pm
I use firefox in XP and it has been a real pain of late with not booting up or starting to boot than stopping etc.I have always managed to sort it one way or another, very often with reboots or strating safe mode.I have just noticed in applications that I seem to have loads of duplications. Any ideas if this would affect performance and can I simply delete them It reads to me that it creates a new application every time I use stuff like Adobe, Windows viewer,Movie clips etc.This is the applications approached using Tools>Options>Applications.
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Mozilla applications - 17th Mar 2012 4:24pm
Download the installation file for the latest version of Mozilla.

Uninstall Mozilla (control panel > add/remove programs)

Reboot

Install from the installation file

Perform the speed boost here: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1299854/posts

Re-download the addons/apps you use.

----

If this doesn't work, your problem isn't Firefox. If this hapened to me I'd format the machine and reinstall the OS. Could be a good time to get away from XP and go to Win7.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Mozilla applications - 17th Mar 2012 5:20pm
Thanks for that, I did reinstall the OS 5 weeks ago and all was great up till middle of last week.
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Mozilla applications - 17th Mar 2012 5:33pm
Ran malwarebytes?
Posted By: Salmon Re: Mozilla applications - 17th Mar 2012 5:37pm
And others
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Mozilla applications - 17th Mar 2012 7:12pm
Reinstall the browser as above, sounds like it can only be some kind of corruption within the current installation.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral