Forums
Posted By: Hedgehog No sound on iPhone 3GS - 2nd Mar 2012 9:06am
I've had no sound on my 3GS for three months now. I can still get sound through the headphone jack into phones or speakers but nothing on its own.
I've done the full restore, jiggling a jackplug in and out of the socket etc.
I've now ordered a 4S on upgrade but want to give the 3GS for Mrs Glocko.
Anyone able or know of someone who can fix this and any idea of cost?
Thanks chaps
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: No sound on iPhone 3GS - 2nd Mar 2012 9:09am
there is somebody on here who does fix mobiles ect!!!think its mr hanky!!!
Posted By: turnip Re: No sound on iPhone 3GS - 2nd Mar 2012 9:14am
Try TheDr
Posted By: j_demo Re: No sound on iPhone 3GS - 2nd Mar 2012 9:15am
starlight in liscard & birkenhead market have a no fix no fee policy, and they're a good bunch of chaps.
i'd ask them if they can sort it, but i'm sure there's a 99% chance it can be fixed pretty easily at a good price.

their website is http://www.starlightmobiles.com/ and all the contact numbers etc are on there.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: No sound on iPhone 3GS - 2nd Mar 2012 9:27am
Originally Posted by jawide
starlight in liscard & birkenhead market have a no fix no fee policy, and they're a good bunch of chaps.
i'd ask them if they can sort it, but i'm sure there's a 99% chance it can be fixed pretty easily at a good price.

their website is http://www.starlightmobiles.com/ and all the contact numbers etc are on there.

Yeah they have done a few things for me, intricate soldering etc, and always done a fine job at a decent price. I use the lads in the Bhead Market, they've been there years and seem to know what they are talking about when ya talk to them.
Posted By: TheDr Re: No sound on iPhone 3GS - 2nd Mar 2012 10:09am
Originally Posted by AlexT
Try TheDr

Sounds as though the speaker has gone, either that or the mute button on the side has failed, either way it's the same part to replace as they're both on the same ribbon.

If you want to send me a pm I can give you details smile
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: No sound on iPhone 3GS - 2nd Mar 2012 10:42am
Common fault I think the sound button
Posted By: Weeman Re: No sound on iPhone 3GS - 3rd Mar 2012 8:18am
Go into settings on your phone and just move the slider , the sound should come back then.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral