Forums
I'm looking for somewhere where I can get either paper or digital copies of these photographs I have on these slides. Hopefully not too expensive as there are a few. If anyone knows anywhere or how much I would much appreciate knowing. smile
Cheers

Attached picture 2012-02-26 18.20.53.jpg
I'd of thought Fairs Digital on old chester road just off bebington.

http://www.fairsdigital.com/index.asp

0151 645 5000

smile
The economic way to get prints from colour slides is to beg/ borrow/ steal a slide projector & screen, project the slides and photograph the screen with a modern digital camera in a darkened room.

I never believed this would be good enough - but I tried it and the results were very good, far better than when I tried to scan them directly at quite high resolution and reverse the colour image

Snod
My father bought a scanner with a fitting for scanning slides on, dependent on the amount of slides it may be worth while buying one.

I can copy them onto disk for you for free if you can get them to me. PM if you are interested.
Originally Posted by MrPhil
My father bought a scanner with a fitting for scanning slides on, dependent on the amount of slides it may be worth while buying one.

That was what I tried - not impressed despite high res scan. I also tried one of these £40 dedicated slide scanners that they sell in Maplin and sometimes Lidl / Aldi. Even worse. Back a few years I had access to a Nikon professional 35mm scanner - now THAT was a different story (and a mere £1.5K price tag 15+ years ago)

It is a bit of a bugger setting up the old projector & screen and then a digicam on a tripod to eliminate hand shake but that was by far the best option

Snod
I took some to Spielmans in the Grange precinct It wasn't expensive. They had to send them away though.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral