Forums
Posted By: sunnyside laptop help needed - 15th Feb 2012 7:28pm
mad i have a 17" hp laptop g7 pavillion 3gb laptop noisy most times sometimes if you turn on and off it gets quieter i use a laptop cushion now but used to have on knee or cushion or arm of chair it has been said that might have created fluff in fan otherwise its fine if its fan is it worth repairing paid 466 for it 3yrs ago any help would be appreciated x
Posted By: brady Re: laptop help needed - 15th Feb 2012 7:34pm
Just a case of taking the bottom off and clearing the fluff out, done 2 myself, usualy they overheat and turn themselves off
Posted By: sunnyside Re: laptop help needed - 15th Feb 2012 7:37pm
thanks brady i will try that is it difficult to get base off

Posted By: ex0__ Re: laptop help needed - 15th Feb 2012 7:38pm
Yup, what the guy above said. Can try dislodging the dust with compressed air as well if you can't be bothered unscrewing the laptop housing.
Posted By: brady Re: laptop help needed - 15th Feb 2012 7:39pm
Sometimes it can be a pain as you have a load of screws, and then there could be clips (which can be a nightmare lol)
Posted By: chris123 Re: laptop help needed - 15th Feb 2012 8:57pm
I had this a while ago fan was that clogged up was overheating and burnt the case slightly white, unplugged the fan got the dyson to it and has worked like a dream since
Posted By: TheDr Re: laptop help needed - 15th Feb 2012 9:16pm
If youre stuck and passing my place just pop in and one of them will blow it out with the compressor, you'd be amazed how much comes out of a laptop, and how little it takes to cause overheating problems.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral