Forums
Posted By: Salmon Compatible ink - 14th Feb 2012 10:11am
Anybody any thoughts on how good compatible inks are these days? I tried them a few years ago and the results were horrific. I have an Epson Stylus Photo R265. I don't do much printing these days but Epson inks are expensive.I would still rather pay for good quality though.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Compatible ink - 14th Feb 2012 10:20am
Compatibles have improved, a lot, over the years.

My places sells hundreds of these a week, and unless you need true colour for professional photographic work ( in which case you would be using a higher end printer) there really is very little difference.
Posted By: davew3 Re: Compatible ink - 14th Feb 2012 10:32am
I agree with theDR, most printers these days are good and cheap but the inks are expensive, I keep to Epson printers because you can get compatible cheap inks and still get a good prints, if you can afford the original inks then go for it, I get my inks for my Epson from the market in Ellesmere Port only reason, every time I try to go to theDR's shop I can never park laugh
Posted By: TheDr Re: Compatible ink - 14th Feb 2012 10:43am
It gets busy smile
Posted By: Salmon Re: Compatible ink - 14th Feb 2012 12:21pm
Thanks for the input, I will give compatibles a whirl and see how they go.
Posted By: anniebo28 Re: Compatible ink - 14th Feb 2012 12:26pm
I had that exact printer 3 - 4 years ago and only ever used compatible inks, I did a lot of printing and never had a problem.
From compatible inks, I switched to a CISS system and never looked back.
Have a look here Ebay!
Posted By: Salmon Re: Compatible ink - 14th Feb 2012 12:38pm
Thanks for that, I get emails from loads of cartridge suppliers(I must have bought from them in the past sometime) and they all seem to concentrate on compatibles.
Posted By: Fireblade Re: Compatible ink - 14th Feb 2012 12:46pm
Hi all can i ask a ink Q

I have an HP PSC 2355 all in one and i'm looking
for compatible inks,i used to use Cartridge World in
Prenton but now they've shut i'm buggered,without having
to go to PC World.

I.m looking for...

338 Black
344 Tri Colour,plus wheres your shop Doc???
Posted By: TheDr Re: Compatible ink - 14th Feb 2012 1:22pm
Hi

The shop is:
BigaByte
332-336 Old Chester Rd
Rock Ferry
CH42 3XE
644 0880

I don't do a lot of HP compatibles as they are not very popular (often cheaper to buy a new Epson).

Cartridge World has closed but they have opened a new one in Ellesmere Port, just on the corner of Whitby and Princess Rd. Don't know anything about it, just passed it a week or two ago.
Posted By: Fireblade Re: Compatible ink - 14th Feb 2012 1:34pm
Cheers for the reply mate,as a matter of interest
d'you do the inks i'm looking for

Cheers Baza
© Wirral-Wikiwirral