Forums
Posted By: Colt743 Water Damaged Phone :( - 13th Feb 2012 10:43am
Good Morning All,

I wonder if anyone can help me after i had a little accident with my phone over the weekend.

I was listening to music on my phone (HTC Sensation XE) while i was brusing my teeth sunday morning. And i stupidly put the phone behind one of my taps as i thought the acoustics were great off the tiles. (And Water doesnt usually splash too much behind the taps when brushing my teeth)

Needless to say, i hadnt noticed that my partner had washed her hair in the sink and around the taps was soaking wet. (Still my fault and no excuses for my stupidness)

The lower case of my phone got quite wet and my screen dimmed and stopped working. I read somewhere to put it into a tub with rice because apparantly it absorbs moisture, So i did that and wrapped it in a towel on a radiator. I came back a few hours later and it worked! Hooray.

Now the phone works perfectly fine other than a big massive water mark more or less the whole lower half of the screen frown

Since i had such success with the rice and someone suggested salt too. I put a little tub of salt in the big tub with the rice and my phone and left it overnight. It seems the watermark has got a little bit better but its still quite big.

I dont fancy paying a hefty excess on insurance when the phone is perfectly fine other than the watermark but i would like to restore it to its former glory.

Thanks for reading this massive wall of text and any help and advice will be greatly appriciated.
Posted By: Clive Re: Water Damaged Phone :( - 13th Feb 2012 11:10am
Pm thedoc,
Posted By: anniebo28 Re: Water Damaged Phone :( - 13th Feb 2012 11:30am
Sounds like you need a new screen bud. Looks like water has gotten in between the glass leaves of the LCD
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Water Damaged Phone :( - 13th Feb 2012 11:57am
Did you really take your phone into the bathroom to listen to music? sherlock
Posted By: Colt743 Re: Water Damaged Phone :( - 13th Feb 2012 1:08pm
Sadly i did take it to the bathroom to listen to music while brushing my teeth, nothing more exotic frown

I should of known better. It hurts me everytime i look at my phone

© Wirral-Wikiwirral