Forums
Posted By: mikroc Internet problem - 8th Feb 2012 8:09pm
My laptop will connect to are network but says no Internet access try the windows troubleshooting and it says the default gateway is not available it's just on the laptop no other appliances thanks
Posted By: j_demo Re: Internet problem - 8th Feb 2012 8:27pm
Originally Posted by vdleon
My laptop will connect to our network but says no Internet access tried the windows troubleshooting and it says the default gateway is not available it's just on the laptop no other appliances (your fridge can connect to the internet???) thanks

fix'd

but tackling your problem: turn it off and turn it back on again, if that fails, clear all internet cookies etc, still nothing, maybe see if your wireless switch is even on... still nothing? restart the modem. and if all that doesn't work then you might have to mess about with some internet settings, have you checked your browser (if using IE) isn't set to "work offline"
Posted By: Elphie Re: Internet problem - 8th Feb 2012 8:51pm
Is the device driver for your wireless device up to date?
Posted By: mikroc Re: Internet problem - 8th Feb 2012 8:52pm
Switch off and on deleted cookies still no luck it says my home network is un identified it's been fine for ages just yesterday playing up
Posted By: mikroc Re: Internet problem - 8th Feb 2012 8:54pm
I E offline how do I change that
Posted By: EvilCycle Re: Internet problem - 8th Feb 2012 9:46pm
click file on the top left and remove the tick next to "work offline" or "offline mode" (i use firefox so i forget exactly how it is worded on IE)
Posted By: Mark Re: Internet problem - 8th Feb 2012 10:12pm
You need to set the gateway.
Windows normaly takes care of this.

1) Disable any firewall programs. As you will get the same notice if the firewall is blocking it.
2) Any parental settings in place, on your laptop or your router?

Let us know the version of windows so we can help you more.

And who your internet provider is.

3) power off your router for 30 and turn back on.

Sometimes if it was a one off waiting until the morning can resolves many head scratching problems.
Posted By: mikroc Re: Internet problem - 10th Feb 2012 6:59pm
Anyone know a shop I can take this to Tomorrow to be sorted i cannot fix it and roughly how much
Posted By: zigzagwanderer Re: Internet problem - 10th Feb 2012 8:02pm
Ask the Dr , very reasonable , especially for wiki members .
Posted By: mikroc Re: Internet problem - 10th Feb 2012 8:09pm
Need it done tomos
Posted By: TheDr Re: Internet problem - 10th Feb 2012 8:55pm
If you get it there for 10 and mention Wiki I'll make sure that they have it done for you tomorrow.
Posted By: mikroc Re: Internet problem - 10th Feb 2012 9:31pm
Rough price please the dr
Posted By: TheDr Re: Internet problem - 10th Feb 2012 11:04pm
Bring it in, we'll see how long it takes smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral