Forums
Posted By: ChrisJ No Internet, but have Outlook E-Mail, - 28th Jan 2012 1:08am
Hi,

Occasionally I'm losing the Internet on my Desktop PC, but have Outlook E-Mail,
I can get the Internet on my HTC Desire phone and Laptop & Netbook.
It's the same on all 3 browsers IE8, Mozilla, & Opera, they all open but no pages appear.
If I re-boot my PC I get the Internet back,

Anyone any idea's I'm baffled !!!!
Posted By: OkeyCokey Re: No Internet, but have Outlook E-Mail, - 28th Jan 2012 7:38am
When you've lost internet connection, click on start and in search box type cmd (and enter)
In the window that opens type ipconfig (and enter)
What is the result. Please copy and paste here

First things first
Posted By: OkeyCokey Re: No Internet, but have Outlook E-Mail, - 28th Jan 2012 7:42am
Then in the same window, type ping www.Google.co.uk (and enter). What is the result.Please paste and copy results here.
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: No Internet, but have Outlook E-Mail, - 28th Jan 2012 8:06am
Also type
Ping 8.8.8.8

This will test your dns. If your net is working elsewhere then the only reson I can think of is port 80 is being closed. Are you 100% sure outlook is still connected and not working in offline mode???

Do all that has been mentioned and then we will have a better idea.
Posted By: ChrisJ Re: No Internet, but have Outlook E-Mail, - 10th Mar 2012 1:34am
Thanks for your suggestions.
I've not updated since because the problem has not happened again until Tuesday.
When the Internet on my Desktop died, but once again my Outlook E-Mail was fine and my Wi-Fi on my phone and on 2 Laptops was also OK, Baffled !!!!

I could not find the instructions I was given here, so when I got back on line I wrote them down.

It happened again tonight so I followed the instructions given here, screen shots below.
When this happens the only way to get back on line is to re-boot then on re-start it's back.
It was off for 2hrs tonight until I re-booted, all the time it was off on my Desktop my Laptop a few feet away was downloading at a steady 300/500kbs, strange...

Not Connected.
[Linked Image]

Connected.
[Linked Image]

Any help greatly appreciated....
Posted By: ex0__ Re: No Internet, but have Outlook E-Mail, - 10th Mar 2012 6:46am
Funnily enough your machine is online in both pics.

If it wasn't your ping request would have timed out and you'd have 100% packet loss instead of 0% loss.

I'd guess at this being malware. Have you ran malwarebytes to check?
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: No Internet, but have Outlook E-Mail, - 12th Mar 2012 9:33am
Try malwarebytes and also, disable your firewall and see if it makes a difference. Dont forget to put it back on once you have tested though.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral