Forums
Posted By: lansyp dell monitor in power save mode - 16th Nov 2011 8:47pm
hi guys ,any body know how to bring a dell monitor out of "in power save mode"tried on two computers and two different cables and nothing it is now offically doing my head in .help me please lol
Posted By: Clive Re: dell monitor in power save mode - 16th Nov 2011 9:38pm
Have a read through this, there seems to be loads with same problem, you may find an answer in there somewhere. http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=dell+monitor+stuck+in+power+save+mode&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&redir_esc=&ei=Oy3ETrujEISD8gOMoKmTCw
Posted By: Mark Re: dell monitor in power save mode - 16th Nov 2011 9:40pm
Its probably died.
If you have tried it on another computer, which was your best bet.

Look at the pins one could be bent.
But it sounds like its had its day.
Posted By: davew3 Re: dell monitor in power save mode - 16th Nov 2011 10:45pm
Sometimes when you remove the vga plug you can bend a pin when you plug it back in, get a magnifiying glass and check, if it is the problem don't try and force it with pliers .
Posted By: lansyp Re: dell monitor in power save mode - 17th Nov 2011 6:38am
No. All pins fine It's really weird as it gives the boot screen then just Goes off when you press the button on the front it just displays the message in power save mode
Posted By: TheDr Re: dell monitor in power save mode - 17th Nov 2011 10:25am
I agree that it might have died, but you say that it gives the boot screen first, do you man the monitor boot or the PC boot, as it could be that the resolution on your PC is too high for the monitor (happens sometimes after windows updates). To check try booting into safe or VGA mode (press F8 on startup).
Posted By: lansyp Re: dell monitor in power save mode - 17th Nov 2011 3:29pm
Cheers doc will have a go ,by the way do you still need some pallet forgot to drop some off
© Wirral-Wikiwirral