Forums
Posted By: Anonymous USB TV - 9th Nov 2011 12:41pm
I have a USB connection on the back of my LG TV. I would like to connect an external hard drive directly to it and listen to music and watch videos. Recommendations?

I actually plugged in my dongle but all the TV can read are pictures and music - not vids.

I may need to purchase hardware to transform the information readable on the TV.

No idea what I just said!
Posted By: lau2908 Re: USB TV - 9th Nov 2011 1:14pm
they probably have to be divx xvid format, i had a lg tv with usb on it and could play divx and xvid on it no problems
Posted By: Anonymous Re: USB TV - 9th Nov 2011 1:16pm
Originally Posted by lau2908
they probably have to be divx xvid format, i had a lg tv with usb on it and could play divx and xvid on it no problems

Cheers mate. I will look into converting avi to divx / xvid.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: USB TV - 9th Nov 2011 1:16pm
...but I still want a storage device to connect to the LG.
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: USB TV - 9th Nov 2011 1:44pm
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
Originally Posted by lau2908

Cheers mate. I will look into converting avi to divx / xvid.

u need .avi files mate not mp4 etc
Posted By: Anonymous Re: USB TV - 9th Nov 2011 2:08pm
I had avi. files but via dongle the LG never "saw" it. I think I might need hardware that makes the LG recognise the file format.

Example
Posted By: little_pob Re: USB TV - 9th Nov 2011 2:14pm
What model of LG TV is it? Some have native support, some require a "hack", others don't have the feature at all.

For what it's worth, mechanical hard drives have shot up in price over the last few weeks due to the floods in Thailand.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: USB TV - 9th Nov 2011 3:16pm
Its LG 42LD450
Posted By: little_pob Re: USB TV - 9th Nov 2011 5:18pm
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
Its LG 42LD450

Can be done via a remote hack:
[youtube]huS4jfcCRs4[/youtube]
[youtube]EBSI12U73Rw[/youtube]
© Wirral-Wikiwirral