Forums
Posted By: Barham1989 PS3 Ylod - 4th Nov 2011 4:52pm
Just received a PS3 with ylod from a friend, I've heard there quite easy to fix but what I want to know is any1 on here ever fixed one or knows how to.

Your help would be much appreciated
Thanks.
Posted By: ex0__ Re: PS3 Ylod - 4th Nov 2011 5:15pm
I've fixed a couple, can youtube guides for it.

As long as you don't mind taking the ps3 apart and using a soldering iron it's fairly easy to fix.
Posted By: Barham1989 Re: PS3 Ylod - 4th Nov 2011 5:21pm
Ive just downloaded a PDF on it and looked at a few vids on youtube.

What tools did you use? and is it fairly easy to do?
Posted By: Edz2011 Re: PS3 Ylod - 4th Nov 2011 8:19pm
I don't know why someone has said a soldring iron. I have just fixed a ps3 yesterday with ylod at a cost of £2.19. there are 2 ways to fix. 1 is a temp fix using a hairdryer and a fan. takes 25min or a perm fix. I have done the perm fix and bought on ebay thermo paste for £2.19. you will need a heat gun for this and will take 45min or so but works straight away. I had never done this b4 but easy. go to youtube and type ps3 ylob and there is a 3part video showing you.
Posted By: Edz2011 Re: PS3 Ylod - 4th Nov 2011 9:11pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Ic1_TY-GU
Posted By: mikeh Re: PS3 Ylod - 4th Nov 2011 11:19pm
I've done it Leigh, but there is a guy in Wallasey that does it and is cheap...will let ya know his name on sunday when I'm home
Posted By: Barham1989 Re: PS3 Ylod - 13th Nov 2011 10:49am
I fixed the YLOD on friday i think, Cleaned the heat sinks down, done the reflow and applied the thermal paste put it back together, Turned it on and no yellow light put a disc in and the blue loading light came on which i thought was fine.

Today ive turned it on but then about 30 seconds later the fan starts getting really loud and the system turns itself off this happens with or without a disc.

Have i not put enough thermal compund on? or have i completley screwed this system?

Also i dont have the component cable so i cant see whats happening on the tele i have a HDMI cable but i have lost my remote for my tv so i am unable to switch to HDMI, Pretty frustrating little episode this, if any 1 has a component cable i could borrow or have let me know.

Please any advice would be great.
Posted By: john1788 Re: PS3 Ylod - 13th Nov 2011 12:52pm
Does this also happen on the ps3 slim ?
Posted By: Barham1989 Re: PS3 Ylod - 13th Nov 2011 2:24pm
Looks like ive done it. tried reflow and added more compund than last time its been on for about 5 mins and seems ok. does any1 have a component cable??
© Wirral-Wikiwirral