Forums
Posted By: GothicAngel Got an app for that! - 1st Nov 2011 3:46pm
I am assuming Mark is the site administrator, as he was the one who emailed me with my 'Welcome' mail.

I have looked and there isn't one which is why I am asking now...is it not possible to create an app on the Android/Iphone market for Wikiwirral? It's a good site, and would really like to have it on the move smile
Posted By: Wiggi77 Re: Got an app for that! - 1st Nov 2011 3:52pm
If you've got an iPhone just add the main page to your home screen. Bookmarks: add to home screen
Just like an app then
Posted By: GothicAngel Re: Got an app for that! - 1st Nov 2011 4:17pm
I dont have the iphone, i threw that in for the iphone users. I have a phone thats on Android. It would just go really well as an app.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Got an app for that! - 1st Nov 2011 4:18pm
just use opera mini
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Got an app for that! - 1st Nov 2011 4:27pm
Gothic - I use Firefox on my Android phone for WW on the move. smile
Posted By: GothicAngel Re: Got an app for that! - 1st Nov 2011 4:28pm
MissGuided - nice to meet you. Thank you, I used Opera Mini on my last phone and it didnt work very well, in fact didnt work at all. I shall try firefox, thank you MissGuided.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Got an app for that! - 1st Nov 2011 4:34pm
I found Opera a bit un-user friendly so I chucked it and have used Firefox ever since.
Posted By: GothicAngel Re: Got an app for that! - 1st Nov 2011 4:42pm
I have just looked for Firefox and it didnt come up, so I am going to try Opera on this phone and see how it runs. Thanx though!
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Got an app for that! - 1st Nov 2011 6:51pm
Creating apps is really expensive process, as others have said, just use browser or subscribe to rss and display on widget
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: Got an app for that! - 1st Nov 2011 8:38pm
I am currently studying objective c which is the language that iPhone apps are written in. I may have a go.
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Got an app for that! - 1st Nov 2011 9:00pm
Literally any browser will work for a simple forum like this. Not sure why anyone would go to the trouble of making an app for a site that doesn't need one.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Got an app for that! - 1st Nov 2011 9:04pm
I view using Opera Mini. No problems atall.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Got an app for that! - 1st Nov 2011 9:16pm
http://www.appsgeyser.com/ wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral