Forums
Posted By: MrBrightside virgin V+ HD box Can i sell it - 27th Oct 2011 1:11pm
Hi peoples,

Had virgin just over 2 years ago and they never picked up the V+ HD box. Can i sell it? Is it any use to any one?

Thanks
Posted By: nicky Re: virgin V+ HD box Can i sell it - 27th Oct 2011 2:28pm
I would be interested in it.
Posted By: MrBrightside Re: virgin V+ HD box Can i sell it - 27th Oct 2011 2:37pm
cool mate send us a pm with a offer dude
Posted By: daveybm Re: virgin V+ HD box Can i sell it - 28th Oct 2011 8:05am
It is still the property of Virgin, Plus it won't work as the box, and the card are registered to your account, lots of these are for sale on ebay but I'm afraid it's only useful as a door stop.

Dave
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: virgin V+ HD box Can i sell it - 28th Oct 2011 9:19am
Sky Box=Your property
Cable Box=Their property

Essentially you just rent the cable box.
Posted By: MrBrightside Re: virgin V+ HD box Can i sell it - 28th Oct 2011 9:32am
i thought that its just been over a year and ive told them 3 times to pick it up. I just assumed they didnt want it back!
Posted By: nicky Re: virgin V+ HD box Can i sell it - 28th Oct 2011 9:39am
I have my own card, as i have just the standard box. Would just like to be able to record programmes i miss. So it should work once my card is in it, shouldn't it?
Posted By: nicky Re: virgin V+ HD box Can i sell it - 28th Oct 2011 9:52am
Had a look on their website, they dont do the V+ box anymore as they have changed it to the Tivo box. No wonder they haven't been in touch with you to take it back!
Posted By: Tombraider Re: virgin V+ HD box Can i sell it - 28th Oct 2011 10:41am
I would call them and tell them to take it back, you have no need for it anymore.
i used to be with them and they made the effort to take the remote back and the box.
Posted By: MrBrightside Re: virgin V+ HD box Can i sell it - 28th Oct 2011 11:10am
summer01 aka tombradier dont you read previous posts?????
Posted By: Tombraider Re: virgin V+ HD box Can i sell it - 28th Oct 2011 11:13am
Yes i do,just helping.
Posted By: TheDr Re: virgin V+ HD box Can i sell it - 28th Oct 2011 11:16am
Originally Posted by nicky
I have my own card, as i have just the standard box. Would just like to be able to record programmes i miss. So it should work once my card is in it, shouldn't it?

In general, no.

The card is linked to the box, and the V+ service is activated/deactivated via signal sent down the line, so basically all you're going to get are the freeview channels (and not all of them) in another room.
Posted By: MrBrightside Re: virgin V+ HD box Can i sell it - 28th Oct 2011 11:16am
crazy
Posted By: nicky Re: virgin V+ HD box Can i sell it - 28th Oct 2011 11:19am
Thats a shame frown so now my only option really is to take out a tivo box which will cost me per month, rather than just buying a box.
Posted By: TheDr Re: virgin V+ HD box Can i sell it - 28th Oct 2011 11:33am
It looks like it, if you want to try and offset some of the cost you could always try ordering via one of the cashback sites like www.quidco.com You'll get just over £60 back which helps to pay for the few quid a month extra the TiVo box is.

Site works quite well, I've been using it for years when I order stuff (and I buy a LOT), I normally get between £50 and £200 a month back from them smile

Depending what you buy and where from you may not earn as much, but even if it's only £50 a year by just clicking through their site before you buy something on eBay or renew your car insurance it's got to be worth it.
Posted By: nicky Re: virgin V+ HD box Can i sell it - 28th Oct 2011 1:31pm
Yeah ive seen that coz ive recently started using topcashback. Couldnt figure out if it was only for new customers or existing ones as well though.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral