Forums
Posted By: Sanchez Can iphone4 be unlocked - 17th Oct 2011 11:11am
as title says, but can it be unlocked to any network?
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Can iphone4 be unlocked - 17th Oct 2011 11:19am
Yes.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Can iphone4 be unlocked - 17th Oct 2011 11:20am
Happy days, can you suggest anywhere?
Posted By: TheDr Re: Can iphone4 be unlocked - 17th Oct 2011 11:30am
Which network is it locked to, how long have you had it and is Contract or PAYG (just makes it easier to give you the best way to do it)
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Can iphone4 be unlocked - 17th Oct 2011 12:42pm
cheers dr.

Its on vodaphone at the moment, its my friends (he bought the 4s) and its on contract.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Can iphone4 be unlocked - 17th Oct 2011 12:46pm
No problem, get HIM to call Vodafone and give the details of his number and the iPhone 4 IMEI and ask for it to be unlocked, should take a few days and you usually aren't charged for it.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Can iphone4 be unlocked - 17th Oct 2011 12:58pm
oh spot on, cheers dr, u the man!
Posted By: adrenalin Re: Can iphone4 be unlocked - 18th Oct 2011 8:06pm
Hi everyone,just had my i phone un locked by Vodaphone for free,go to there unlock page,dont go down town and pay.
Posted By: Pepper_Head Re: Can iphone4 be unlocked - 18th Oct 2011 8:13pm
Originally Posted by TheDr
No problem, get HIM to call Vodafone and give the details of his number and the iPhone 4 IMEI and ask for it to be unlocked, should take a few days and you usually aren't charged for it.

Do they unlock to any sim?
Posted By: TheDr Re: Can iphone4 be unlocked - 18th Oct 2011 8:25pm
Yes, what they do is send the request to Apple, when they tell you it's ready you then just put in any sim (other than the network you normally use) connect the phone to iTunes and a message comes up telling you that new settings are available, accept them and it's unlocked, permanently.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Can iphone4 be unlocked - 18th Oct 2011 8:56pm
Funnily enough I just unlocked my IPhone this was half hour ago.
Posted By: Pepper_Head Re: Can iphone4 be unlocked - 18th Oct 2011 9:14pm
Originally Posted by Wheels
Funnily enough I just unlocked my IPhone this was half hour ago.

The doc says you got to plug it into iTunes Wheels.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Can iphone4 be unlocked - 18th Oct 2011 9:49pm
Yer I phoned O2 and tOld them to unlock it, I got a MSG 5 mins later. I put a different sim card in and plugged it into iTunes. It then said the phone was unlocked smile easy
Posted By: TheDr Re: Can iphone4 be unlocked - 18th Oct 2011 9:53pm
O2 are REALLY good at this, depending who you get when you speak to they can even put it all through whilst you are talking to them, I've had them unlocked during the phonecall, and usually it's free, that's why I'm always amazed at a "certain" place in town that charges £60 for the same "job".
© Wirral-Wikiwirral