Forums
Posted By: julie253 SON HAS BROKEN HIS IPHONE SCREEN!! - 17th Oct 2011 9:49am
Hi guys, can anybody recommend where to go to get my sons iphone screen fixed. I've looked on ebay for a new screen and they are only £6 but one phone shop wants £40 to fix it. Am tempted to let my hubby do the repair. Any advice please on where to go or if it is an easy repair. Thanks
Posted By: Anonymous Re: SON HAS BROKEN HIS IPHONE SCREEN!! - 17th Oct 2011 9:54am
Am doing my other halfs this week when it comes, £5 of amazon with the kit, watch youtube video to give you a better idea.. wink
Posted By: julie253 Re: SON HAS BROKEN HIS IPHONE SCREEN!! - 17th Oct 2011 10:41am
Oh great - thanks. Let me know how you get on with it. I would obviously rather pay £5 than £40.
Posted By: ex0__ Re: SON HAS BROKEN HIS IPHONE SCREEN!! - 17th Oct 2011 10:44am
Yeah they are pretty simple to fix, it's literally lift the old one off and disconnect it and then put the new one in its place.

Use this guide: http://tidbits.com/article/10389
Posted By: julie253 Re: SON HAS BROKEN HIS IPHONE SCREEN!! - 17th Oct 2011 10:46am
Thank you so much. You've both been a great help. xx
Posted By: conan Re: SON HAS BROKEN HIS IPHONE SCREEN!! - 17th Oct 2011 4:30pm
is it just as easy with the iphone 4?
Posted By: TheDr Re: SON HAS BROKEN HIS IPHONE SCREEN!! - 17th Oct 2011 4:42pm
Originally Posted by conan
is it just as easy with the iphone 4?

No, removing the back takes seconds, changing the screen means a lot of screws have to removed inside, can be done, but takes time and a clean working area for one you drop one. (a screw)
Posted By: Christine12 Re: SON HAS BROKEN HIS IPHONE SCREEN!! - 18th Oct 2011 4:34pm
My husband broke his and he just took it to the Apple store and they replaced it free of charge. I think in the first instance they do it just for goodwill. So far I think their customer service is excellent! It may be worth a try...
© Wirral-Wikiwirral