Forums
Posted By: Clive graphics driver - 16th Oct 2011 4:02pm
i am trying to find a graphics driver for mikes pc, i have been on to packard bell website, and thats not helpful, its a onboard one, and i carnt for the life of me find out what make, or where to get driver from, any ideas any one please
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: graphics driver - 16th Oct 2011 4:08pm
Packard bell are a nightmare to get the right driver, I've got one that even the "correct" driver hits the blue screen about every 20 minutes but only when your using the internet.

Can you get the PCI Ven and Dev numbers from device manager? Or if you change the bios to display all the garbage on boot you might get the VGA Bios name or whatever which may help.
Posted By: Clive Re: graphics driver - 16th Oct 2011 4:11pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Packard bell are a nightmare to get the right driver, I've got one that even the "correct" driver hits the blue screen about every 20 minutes but only when your using the internet.

Can you get the PCI Ven and Dev numbers from device manager? Or if you change the bios to display all the garbage on boot you might get the VGA Bios name or whatever which may help.
it comes up unknown, of if i go to system info it comes up model number 000000000000000
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: graphics driver - 16th Oct 2011 4:19pm
Alternative is to throw a graphics card in.

It should come up with the vendor/device number in the device manager-properties-details tab.
Posted By: Clive Re: graphics driver - 16th Oct 2011 4:26pm
no just unknown, oh well as long as hhe dont play games, it should be ok
Posted By: Clive Re: graphics driver - 16th Oct 2011 4:43pm
this is the board that is in it
http://www.kabinet.cz/stuff/hw/motherboard_MSI_MS-6786_ver2_Quasar2/Support%20Packard%20Bell%20Quasar2%20(MS6786)%20KM400A%20ver%202.0%20-%20spec_quasar2%20-%20Core.htm
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: graphics driver - 16th Oct 2011 5:07pm
Via S3 unichrome IGP

That's the one I've had problems with, didn't try the following driver, might be worth a go

CLICKY

Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: graphics driver - 16th Oct 2011 6:10pm
hi diggingdeeper ,thanks very much for the hdd your a top man the vga link worked great would there be any chance of the sound card driver link please?. thumbsup cheer mike..ann....
Posted By: Clive Re: graphics driver - 16th Oct 2011 7:29pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Via S3 unichrome IGP

That's the one I've had problems with, didn't try the following driver, might be worth a go

CLICKY

Thanks D.D, that worked great, much appreciated.
Mike is back on line now.
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: graphics driver - 21st Oct 2011 10:57pm
I had a Packard bell years ago and it had a voodoo graphics card (used to be the card to have!) when it needed a format the real voodoo driver didn't work. Turned out it wasn't a real voodoo, they had just licensed it. Saw my arse!

Never touch Packard bell again. Or any other to think about it. Best bet is to buy a graphics and a sound card, can be gotten for about 5 quid each and will ease the load on the already poor quality motherboard.

Sorry for doom and gloom!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral