Forums
Posted By: TheDr Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 13th Oct 2011 11:10pm
Well the new software was released yesterday morning, so obviously I had to download it and have a play, I used my "spare" iPhone 4 as I remember the last time there was a major update things didn't exactly go to plan, some things never change.

First of all the new update does take a while to install, and when you're finished it's not just a simple restart and it's done you do have to answer some questions on the phone and accept new terms before you can continue, which is different.

The major problem for me was that as you have to accept new terms and conditions it doesn't put your apps back onto the phone automatically, you don't lose them, they are still stored on your backup, your PC and even in the iCloud, but they're not on your phone, and when you put them back on, you have to recreate your folders again, which if you're like me with a LOT of apps this can take some time.

Some of the new features are useful, if you have anyone else using IOS 5 you can (depending on tariffs etc) call/text/message/even video call them for free, and now you can use FaceTime (my new favourite toy) on your 3G as well as well WiFi.

There is a lot more sharing now, and you can set it so that anything you download or purchase on one device automatically downloads to any others on the same account.

One of the toys I really like is the auto sync, rather than having to plug your iPhone into a PC when you charge it up (usually at night) if your PC is on and connected to your home wireless it automatically backs up your phone, it also installs any updates (although yet to see if that works properly as I can see there being problems there if it tries to update as an alarm goes off etc).

Basically, lots more connectivity, nice to be able to view everything on Apple TV and backing up is easier, but still a few bugs needed to iron out before I trust it on my main phone.

Tempted to try it on the iPad but not sure if I want to "just" yet, might see what others have found first before I throw myself at the mercy of Apple.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 13th Oct 2011 11:29pm
Just finshed updating mine liking the new features. aliendance trying to find a untethered jailbreak for IOS. 5 i have got a tethered one but its a pain haveing to put to your laptop everytime you want to reboot your phone.
Posted By: AlexB Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 13th Oct 2011 11:54pm
Did my iPad 1 & 2 today, my old 3GS and my iPhone 4.

Wouldn't recommend the update on the 3GS but the iPad and 4 were great.

Quicker, slicker, and wireless syncing is good even though it's very slow, much easier to plug it in. I have a MacBook Pro and an iMac though which I shut down.

Going to buy a mac mini for under my tv which I'll leave on and with iTunes open so I can sync whenever I stick phone or iPad into the doc.

I like it and being able to sort out notifications is a god send.

I pick my iPhone 4s up tomorrow so hoping its an improvement, even thought its supposedly slower than the iPad 2 which still had its issues.
Posted By: MikeT Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 14th Oct 2011 6:28am
Originally Posted by TheDr
Tempted to try it on the iPad but not sure if I want to "just" yet, might see what others have found first before I throw myself at the mercy of Apple.

Did my iPad 1 yesterday, no issues. Big download, nearly 700MB. Takes about an hour to apply. As the Dr said, there's a quick set-up procedure to run through when iOS5 is booted for the first time, but it retained all my apps and settings. It even remembered the page I was on in iBooks. Quietly impressed.

Some things feel quicker, others slower. Safari now has tabs. I didn't bother signing up to iCloud as I have only the one device, and I'm not keen on uploading my private documents and photos to Apple's servers regardless of assurances about security.

It appears that I can't use wireless sync unless I sign up to iCloud. Is this the case?
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 14th Oct 2011 10:51am
iPhone 4s has turned up in the post today from orange. No doubt it will be shipped with 5. I updated my iPhone 4 and I have noticed a few speed issues especially when typing like I am now. The keyboard can't keep up with me. I remember this when I updated my 3G to ios 4.

Anyone would think that apple deliberately make the oldest handset as slow as possible so people feel the need to upgrade.

Looking forward to maybe getting a version for a 3G from the devs.
Posted By: Petei123 Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 14th Oct 2011 11:44am
Originally Posted by AlexB
Wouldn't recommend the update on the 3GS but the iPad and 4 were great.

Why wouldn't you recommend it on the 3GS? as i'm going to do this when i get home tonight
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 14th Oct 2011 11:51am
I think the 3gs may run slower from the update
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 15th Oct 2011 7:26pm
Well I upgraded today and I'm very pleased with it.

One thing I have noticed apple have failed to spot is when taking a photograph using the volume button it takes the photograph upside down.
Not good having to rotate every image transferred to the laptop

Another thing I've noticed is some words have been removed from textspeak such as ganja, that used to be spoken when I typed fanku, annoying but funny, saying that it may of been due to the jailbreak, who knows?

I kinda think the voice of the textspeak sounds a bit like David hasslehoff or an American sports event commentator lol.

What do you, the iPhone/apple consumer think of the new iOS 5 and have you spotted any bugs/flaws?
Posted By: Nigel Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 15th Oct 2011 7:31pm
Originally Posted by lau2908

It took a friend of mine over 2 hours to update his 3GS, my IPad took under an hour, IOS5 seems very good on both the phone and pad.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 15th Oct 2011 7:36pm
Originally Posted by Nigel

It took a friend of mine over 2 hours to update his 3GS, my IPad took under an hour, IOS5 seems very good on both the phone and pad.

These speed problems everyone are having maybe due to the amount of data on their phone?
Mine took about half an hour to update but my phone was empty, only had a few apps and no music.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 15th Oct 2011 7:42pm
As Ste knows I like it, been "Imessaging" him through the night smile

I bought two 4S's today and so far do good. Only downside is Siri not working with the UK maps yet frown but I'm impressed with all the speech recognition. I asked if I need a coat tomorrow from the lock screen and got all the info I needed.

Have you tried asking it "what Is the ultimate answer to the ultimate question? raftl
Posted By: TheDr Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 15th Oct 2011 8:07pm
Apple TV has had a major update as well, you can now mirror your iPad2 on screen plus a few new items such as trailers for upcoming films.

Had to reboot and reset it about 4 times to make it work, but then again I have so much stuff running I'm always surprised if "any" of it works smile
Posted By: sean99789 Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 15th Oct 2011 8:49pm
i like it on my iphone4 took till this evening to get it though
and as it has already been said it doesnt put your apps back on and when you do reinstall the apps all the data is lost (or has anyone found a way to sort this out)
otherwise im going to have to complete angry birds again crazy
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 15th Oct 2011 9:13pm
mad the personal hotspot wifi feature is crap, my 360 does not recognise it.

Better off jailbreaking and using MiWI.

snob
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 18th Oct 2011 8:16pm
Hi everyone,
A brilliant thing I have noticed with this new iOS is that the text boxes work properly on wiki now.

I was having problems editing if I'd made a mistake on my posts due to not being able to scroll within the text boxes.

Also quoted text can now be viewed properly if there is a large amount which previously was an impossible task.

Well done apple for solving this rather annoying problem.

smile
Posted By: Wheels Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 18th Oct 2011 9:50pm
Yer I've noticed all of wikis hosted images working now smile

I have had a problem with my lock screen going into horizontal and I can't unlock it. I have to reset it manually .
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 18th Oct 2011 10:25pm
Originally Posted by Wheels
Yer I've noticed all of wikis hosted images working now smile

I have had a problem with my lock screen going into horizontal and I can't unlock it. I have to reset it manually .

I reckon there will be a small update pretty soon to iron out all the small flaws.
Apple could of eliminated the flaws had they let the beta version be publicly tested rather than just letting developers use it.
Oh well apple, we will await the update wink

Has anyone else noticed their phone being any louder?

Mine appears to be a lot louder now which is a plus happy
Posted By: AlexB Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 18th Oct 2011 11:00pm
Single favourite thing is tabbed browsing on iPad. It also syncs with my other Apple stuff through iCloud. Bookmarks etc. simplifies life.
Posted By: AlexB Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 19th Oct 2011 4:18am
[Linked Image]

Actually for some reason it's being a tit on my phone.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 19th Oct 2011 8:26am
Wtf lol
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 19th Oct 2011 9:06am
Wtf lol

withthat

Is that using safari?

That's a mega annoying problem omg
Posted By: AlexB Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 19th Oct 2011 9:11am
I think Pepper_Head or Tombraider have invaded my phone with all their fcuking smilies!!!

But yep, with safari. Doesn't do it on the pad.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 19th Oct 2011 9:43am
Al goto...

Settings
Safari
Advanced

Then click "clear all website data"

That will erase everything and make it fresh again.

It will clear all your usernames and passwords stored also though so just be aware of that.
Posted By: AlexB Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 19th Oct 2011 10:30am
Cheers, it worked, but didn't clear any of my stored usernames or passwords. Win/win happy
Posted By: AlexB Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 19th Oct 2011 10:50pm
One thing I've noticed with the iPad today as I've been using it to fire off some work emails while stuck in a cold sports centre in the middle of Wales, is the tabbed browsing isn't ideal in a couple of ways.

My biggest gripe is the way it deals with switching between tabs, if I'm referencing something on one tab and I move over to another, it refreshes the entire page.

Then when you move back it does the same with that one.

Now firstly it's annoying because it's using data it doesn't need to use (obviously only a concern on 3G) but if for example you are in a web based text box, it resets them all.

That's the major issue.

Only other thing annoying me at the moment is that it seems my notifications aren't working properly on my iPhone. I don't get alerts for anything but email/text/calls despite them being on and active. Facebook/Twitter/Hullo Mail etc don't show up and I'm finding I'm missing voicemails etc until I turn the iPad on and the alerts are there instead.

Should it not be pushing them to both? It does with email.
Posted By: Tombraider Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 19th Oct 2011 10:53pm
Originally Posted by AlexB
I think Pepper_Head or Tombraider have invaded my phone with all their fcuking smilies!!!

But yep, with safari. Doesn't do it on the pad.
no such luck we go for better looking fit bits and your out sorry lol
Posted By: Tombraider Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 19th Oct 2011 10:54pm
Wtf lol
hey wheels hi
Posted By: AlexB Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 19th Oct 2011 11:01pm
TR please don't encourage this helpful and informative topic go off topic.

Pretty please, with sugar on top. Especially given our chat before. Thanks.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 19th Oct 2011 11:24pm
Al I have a problem on my iPhone regarding notifications also, mine are not receiving notifications for my emails which I find really annoying due to me using it all the time for eBay.

I have to open my email client and then a flood of emails come through, or if I turn my phone off then on it gives me notifications.
Posted By: AlexB Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 19th Oct 2011 11:28pm
You def have it set up to push?

Settings/mail/fetch new mail/push

Who is your email provider? Set up as exchange I.e. not pop/iMap?

What about other notifications for other apps that aren't Apple, are they working?

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 19th Oct 2011 11:34pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Al I have a problem on my iPhone regarding notifications also, mine are not receiving notifications for my emails which I find really annoying due to me using it all the time for eBay.

I have to open my email client and then a flood of emails come through, or if I turn my phone off then on it gives me notifications.

I had to go into my emails on laptop and bin the unwanted emails. I think its something to do with when ye back ye phone up last, same as ye calls and other stuff. wink
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 19th Oct 2011 11:36pm
Yes all set to push.
To be honest I haven't tried any other software. I will give it a try.

My email providers are google and AOL.

I never had a problem until I updated to 4.4.3 and now 5.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 19th Oct 2011 11:45pm
Ok jase I'll try that tomorrow.

Can the mod of digital please remove the crap from this thread?
Posted By: AlexB Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 19th Oct 2011 11:53pm
Oh and as I decide to sit down and do some midnight reading for a meeting tomorrow...

FFS

[Linked Image]
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 20th Oct 2011 12:08am
Hmm, it seems there are a lot more errors being discovered rapidly.

Let's see what else crops up.

Does anyone else have any problems with their update?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 20th Oct 2011 12:17am
To be honest mine has been great no probs what's so ever coffee

I wouldn't worry guys there will be an up date very soon to fix the errors wink
Posted By: AlexB Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 20th Oct 2011 12:18am
fooking iMessage hasn't worked once for me, I've turned the useless thing off.

Wireless syncing takes a lifetime, backup to iCloud is stupid, the whole syncing images between devices is stupid as it syncs to my iPhoto and therefore both anyway.

Notifications is flawed.

Split keyboard covers text boxes so you can't click in them to copy/paste etc.

"Find my iPhone" can find everything BUT my iPhone.

It autocorrects swearing to stupid words.

Location based reminders reminds you as long as you check your phone for the reminder, how pointless is that as you don't need reminding. It also constantly uses GPS while active so drains battery.

My Griffin Roadtrip now shows charging is not supported every fooking second which means battery drains as its not charging and therefore useless for sat nav as well as the fact it cuts out my music. So that's now less use than a paper weight.

I sure I could go on.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 20th Oct 2011 12:20am
Oh sorry yes smack iMessage has not worked yet for me
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 20th Oct 2011 12:23am
Ste I've got a problem I Still can't get Siri to work on iPhone4S

anyone else having trouble with it?
Posted By: AlexB Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 20th Oct 2011 12:27am
[Linked Image]

Fooking thing is sat next to me, wifi and 3G on.
Posted By: AlexB Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 20th Oct 2011 12:28am
Originally Posted by 8Bitguy
Ste I've got a problem I Still can't get Siri to work on iPhone4S

anyone else having trouble with it?

It doesnt like accents! Do you have a particularly strong one?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 20th Oct 2011 12:32am
yer deep liverpool one, alex it's like i'm talking to it like it's def raftl
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 20th Oct 2011 12:32am
iMessage works fine for me and as for the "find my iPhone" feature I read bad reviews on that when I decided to use "I got ya".

"I got ya" takes a photograph of the person who has your phone automatically and discreetly when they enter the wrong lock code.
It then sends the photograph along with the exact gps coordination to your email address. It also prevents certain or all data from being read and prevents the phone from being switched off. (it tricks the thief into thinking they guessed the code right). You also set a message to be displayed when a wrong code is entered.

I've only used the gps location reminder once the other day and it did work ok having beeped me every time I went into my garage at work, in fact it pissed me off and I ended up tuning it off, as I say though that's the only time I've used it so that cannot be taken as a good point.

EDIT 8bitguy I have the iPhone 4 so have not got Siri function. Sorry.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 20th Oct 2011 12:50am
should i update me ipad?
Posted By: Wheels Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 20th Oct 2011 1:10am
Same question here, should I update my iPad? It's JB'd right now you see.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 20th Oct 2011 1:14am
i dont want me angry birds deleted took me ages to get 3 stars on every level on birds,seasons,rio
Posted By: AlexB Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 20th Oct 2011 6:03am
If you're happy with the way it is then I'd wait for the next update and do it then, you'll appreciate it more. There'll also be more JB options then I imagine.

Tethered annoys me.

Posted By: Mark Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 20th Oct 2011 6:30am
wikiofftopic
Posted By: AlexB Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 21st Oct 2011 9:29pm
Hello MacBook Air!!!

Posted By: TheDr Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 21st Oct 2011 10:48pm
Well I've been to the Apple Store in Liverpool tonight after booking an appointment with one of their "Genius Bar" team.

Managed to "brick" a 3GS whilst updating it to IOS 5, turns out I'm not the only one, the guy next to me had done the same thing.

Up until a few days ago Apple were swapping out the phones if you complained enough, today they've had a memo through telling them to "escalate" any problems of this nature as Apple want to try and sort it out on the next update.

First guy wasn't too happy to have to leave with his non-functioning iPhone and wait for a phone call, luckily for me my phone had already been replaced for a another fault within the last 90 days so I wanted it changing under that policy as it had gone faulty within that time (I did ask nicely, I'm good like that). The only problem was that although the IMEI could be seen on the sim tray they couldn't match it on the screen as it wouldn't link to the PC, wouldn't activate and you couldn't get the apps up.

Apple being Apple when I said I'd find a way round it left me with a laptop, a lead, and said go for it..... took me 2 hrs smile (they had actually closed by the time I'd done, I think they were about to throw me out, or offer me a job).

End result they swapped the phone over, but after being there for that long it seems that it's not a rare problem, and for some reason EVERY SINGLE PHONE that it had happened to was on Orange (except mine, which was on Three, but when they traced it back to the original phone turned out mine was unlocked and was originally on..... Orange).

So, bit of a warning to anyone who had an iPhone on Orange (or it used to be on Orange), for some reason they seem very susceptible to becoming paperweights when you update them, oh, and if you've jail-broken your iPhone, it seems that you WILL brick it if you try and update it, so just incase you do, before you start, TinyUmbrella, make a copy and then restore it wink
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 21st Oct 2011 11:10pm
so if i want a new 3gs, i should deffo upgrade to iso 5, interesting , might try that with my other iphone laugh
Posted By: TheDr Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 21st Oct 2011 11:25pm
so if i want a new 3gs, i should deffo upgrade to iso 5, interesting , might try that with my other iphone laugh

Up until a few days ago, yes, at the moment, no, they take all your details and send them off with the advice to you that you should keep trying to update the phone.

That only came through today in a memo, so in the next week the story might change.

The only reason that mine was swapped is because they'd already done it on the 17th Aug and when they give you another phone it has an automatic 90 day warranty on it. The problem with mine was caused because for some unknown reason the IMEI sticker inside the phone had vanished (it wasn't me) and they couldn't check the IMEI on the phone as it wouldn't let you go that far (hence 2hrs of hacking the hell out of it to make it show it).
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 22nd Oct 2011 4:22am
Hey doc, my phone was jailbroken and I had no problems updating or does it only apply to the 3GS?

Nice write up btw, thanks for letting everyone know, I'd be fuming if that had happened to moi.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 22nd Oct 2011 10:58am
Hey doc, my phone was jailbroken and I had no problems updating or does it only apply to the 3GS?

Nice write up btw, thanks for letting everyone know, I'd be fuming if that had happened to moi.

From talking to a few of the staff it seems that 3GS on Orange are the main problem. I won't say that's the only one, but they're the ones they've seen so fair.

The jailbreak update problem seems to depend on how you've done it due to the way the new IOS writes to the baseband.

Always better if people know before and prepare smile
Posted By: sean99789 Re: Ste - 22nd Oct 2011 2:11pm
"I got ya" takes a photograph of the person who has your phone automatically and discreetly when they enter the wrong lock code.
It then sends the photograph along with the exact gps coordination to your email address. It also prevents certain or all data from being read and prevents the phone from being switched off. (it tricks the thief into thinking they guessed the code right). You also set a message to be displayed when a wrong code is entered.

Can we have a link for this can't find it on app store :-(
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Ste - 22nd Oct 2011 2:21pm
Sorry Sean didn`t realise it was for jailbroken iphones.

[youtube]q6xUQxz9LOg[/youtube]
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Ste - 22nd Oct 2011 2:21pm
Surely the camera is on the wrong side, it might get a picture of their shoes if your lucky????
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Ste - 22nd Oct 2011 2:27pm
The iphone 4 is the only one it works with taking a photo as its got the front facing camera, the other iphones it just give the GPS location only.
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Ste - 22nd Oct 2011 4:37pm
class app that is , just installed it myself, didnt get the version of cydia , got the free cracked one from sinful iphone repo laugh
Posted By: TheDr Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 28th Oct 2011 11:43am
Okay, NOT happy, just found a MAJOR security flaw in IOS 5

I picked up a replacement handset from Apple last week and was going to give it to my daughter, the handset was locked to O2 so I activated the handset, made a few calls to register it on their system then called O2 to get it unlocked.

I then put an old Voda sim in it so I could unlock it by connecting it to iTunes, it wasn't through so put it to one side, and forgot.

Last night (a week after my sim card was removed) the phone started beeping, I thought it was a flat battery, I looked at it and saw I had a load of iMessages, I was just about to delete them as the sim was just a random old one I picked up when I recognised one of the numbers, these were all messages meant for me, some had been sent that day.

It seems that the iPhone had stored MY phone number in its iMessage settings and was retrieving all my messages.

I haven't set up the phone, it has no settings installed it has just stored the number from me putting the sim in, and that's it, it gets all my messages... somad

Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 28th Oct 2011 12:54pm
Originally Posted by TheDr
Okay, NOT happy, just found a MAJOR security flaw in IOS 5

I picked up a replacement handset from Apple last week and was going to give it to my daughter, the handset was locked to O2 so I activated the handset, made a few calls to register it on their system then called O2 to get it unlocked.

I then put an old Voda sim in it so I could unlock it by connecting it to iTunes, it wasn't through so put it to one side, and forgot.

Last night (a week after my sim card was removed) the phone started beeping, I thought it was a flat battery, I looked at it and saw I had a load of iMessages, I was just about to delete them as the sim was just a random old one I picked up when I recognised one of the numbers, these were all messages meant for me, some had been sent that day.

It seems that the iPhone had stored MY phone number in its iMessage settings and was retrieving all my messages.

I haven't set up the phone, it has no settings installed it has just stored the number from me putting the sim in, and that's it, it gets all my messages... somad

That is crazy Doc!
Has anyone had problems with sound at all?
Posted By: Wheels Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 28th Oct 2011 1:31pm
there is also a hack on the ipad using a smart cover frown
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 28th Oct 2011 2:09pm
Mad that doc, could it be something to do with the iCloud ? Just a guess not messed with iCloud much..
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 28th Oct 2011 2:15pm

That is crazy Doc!

Mine is louder then it's ever been..
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 31st Oct 2011 5:44pm
Originally Posted by Frog_Eyes

That is crazy Doc!

Hmmmmmmm think mine has gone very low today, not happy snob
It's got to be the upgrade confused
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 31st Oct 2011 5:47pm

That is crazy Doc!

Hmmmmmmm think mine has gone very low today, not happy snob
It's got to be the upgrade confused

withthat

One min it's high then it's low confused
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 1st Nov 2011 12:14pm
That's the one are kid.. wink
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 4th Nov 2011 10:16am
IOS5 BATTERY FLAW, UPDATE ON WAY laugh

smirk I haven`t even noticed, lol.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 4th Nov 2011 10:58am
I was reading this last night. free release will be next week.

iOS 5.0.1 beta contains improvements and other bug fixes including:
- Fixes bugs affecting battery life
- Adds Multitasking Gestures for original iPad
- Resolves bugs with Documents in the Cloud
- Improves voice recognition for Australian users using dictation
- Contains security improvements

iOS 5.0.1 beta introduces a new way for developers to specify files that should remain on device, even in low storage situations.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Apple IOS 5 for iPhone & iPad - 4th Nov 2011 8:00pm
Is the only way to download iOS5 other than shitty ITunes? I've tried downloading it four times now and it messes up, it even spat it's dummy out at 100%, it's 800mb ffs. You can't resume it, so if it fails, back to 0%. Trying one more time.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral