Forums
Posted By: nickie Samsung Galaxys2 - 11th Oct 2011 9:03pm
smashed the screen on my phone, anyone any idea how much it would be to be fixed, its insured through my bank but i'm not sure how much the excess is yet, so thought i'd ask on here first.
Posted By: Edz1980 Re: Samsung Galaxys2 - 11th Oct 2011 9:07pm
it can cost a bit to get it replaced but maybe check ebay and see how much a new screen will cost and do it yourself. it's straight forward to replace them.
Posted By: nickie Re: Samsung Galaxys2 - 11th Oct 2011 9:09pm
Originally Posted by Edz1980
it can cost a bit to get it replaced but maybe check ebay and see how much a new screen will cost and do it yourself. it's straight forward to replace them.

Wouldn't have a clue how to do it tbh.
Posted By: Edz1980 Re: Samsung Galaxys2 - 11th Oct 2011 9:19pm
Well defo checkout ebay and if u buy 1 and can't get anyone to do it for u i'll try me best to do it for you. oh you may find you can buy the same phone for simular price as the screen?
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Samsung Galaxys2 - 11th Oct 2011 9:30pm
Wont it affect your warranty if you do it yourself
Posted By: Edz1980 Re: Samsung Galaxys2 - 11th Oct 2011 9:38pm
yeah it would if you told them as they could blame you for any other fault but if it was me. I wouldn't tell them. to be honest from my years of phones and faults. APart from a broken screen, most faults can be fixed using updates/resets or updating info from there websites but thats just me tho.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Samsung Galaxys2 - 11th Oct 2011 10:08pm
Surely they would be able to tel if it had been tampered with. Personally for a piece of tech of that value I would either be getting it done professionally or claiming insurance. With such small circuit boards, people with clumsy hands can do alot of damage. If it was a cheap phone our money was no option and you like tinkering then great but I am of the opinion that something like that may save you a quick buck now but will cost you later on
Posted By: Edz1980 Re: Samsung Galaxys2 - 11th Oct 2011 10:19pm
It's one of them, cruise the Wirral. if you have time etc you can do it and the stuff u buy on ebay...more so products from asia r good stuff. I've never used or sent back a phone as it takes months to get your phone back from the company but each to there own.
Posted By: ilovecuba Re: Samsung Galaxys2 - 12th Oct 2011 8:27am
i have just paid £45 to have a new screen on my daughters blackberry in liscard precinct.
Posted By: Stingray Re: Samsung Galaxys2 - 12th Oct 2011 10:46am
Starlight in Bhd market, cost me £40 to have a new screen fitted on my iphone
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Samsung Galaxys2 - 12th Oct 2011 11:34am
They are pretty easy to fix yourself, there's simple walkthroughs online that show picture by picture what to do. It's as simple as removing the old screen, unplugging the ribbon connector and then connecting the new one.
Posted By: nickie Re: Samsung Galaxys2 - 12th Oct 2011 11:44am
between £80 and £100 on ebay, i will be claiming off the insurance i think, thanks for all the feedback.

Dave
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Samsung Galaxys2 - 12th Oct 2011 12:10pm
TheDr on here sorted the screen on my LG... drop him a pm and ask for a price he has a shop in Birkenhead/Rock Ferry area
Posted By: TheDr Re: Samsung Galaxys2 - 12th Oct 2011 12:19pm
Originally Posted by polo_phil
TheDr on here sorted the screen on my LG... drop him a pm and ask for a price he has a shop in Birkenhead/Rock Ferry area

Thanks for the rec, these are an expensive screen, £100 (fitted)
Posted By: TheDr Re: Samsung Galaxys2 - 12th Oct 2011 1:08pm
Originally Posted by ilovecuba
i have just paid £45 to have a new screen on my daughters blackberry in liscard precinct.

Out of interest. which BlackBerry was that, as if it's the 8520 that's far too much.
Posted By: shar215 Re: Samsung Galaxys2 - 12th Oct 2011 9:47pm
ive just claimed on my n8 my son jumped in the pool with it.could not be fixed ..didnt have to pay an excess .got a brand new one .im with the tsb
Posted By: Dj Kev L Re: Samsung Galaxys2 - 13th Oct 2011 12:22am
Dnt forget guys the S2 has gorilla glass. so is a lot more expensive to replace. how did u smash it. takes alot to break them lol
Posted By: nickie Re: Samsung Galaxys2 - 13th Oct 2011 6:57am
Originally Posted by Dj Kev L
Dnt forget guys the S2 has gorilla glass. so is a lot more expensive to replace. how did u smash it. takes alot to break them lol

I had it in the side pocket of my combat shorts and walked past the baby gate, then bang it knocked into the corner of it, i normally have it glass side facing into my pocket but not this time.I will not make that mistake again.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral