Forums
Posted By: madrob iphone 4 - 11th Oct 2011 7:25pm
can you get the iphone unblocked from voda to 02 and how much ? thanks
Posted By: TheDr Re: iphone 4 - 11th Oct 2011 7:45pm
Yes you can, costs £15 or £20 depending on if it was PAYG or Contract, call Vodafone, but make sure you have a Voda number to give them as that's how they link everything, if you dodn't have one just call into my place and pick one up FOC.
Posted By: madrob Re: iphone 4 - 11th Oct 2011 7:50pm
is there anythen i should look out for when buying a second hand one ?
Posted By: TheDr Re: iphone 4 - 11th Oct 2011 8:08pm
1. Make sure it's a real one, LOTS of fakes out there, and they look right, turn it on, you can tell the diference in screen quality, if you can plug it into iTunes, fakes wont connect.

2. Check it's not blocked/stolen/unpaid (or going to be unpaid) contract.

3. Just check it works, sometimes if it's be jailbroken you get a 1015 error when you try to update it on iTunes, sometimes you can fix it, sometimes not, so if the phone is in "Restore" mode (as all new ones are) make sure you can activate it (you can't if it's 1015'd)

4. Don't worry about marks on the back, 2min job to change them, screens/digitizers take a bit longer smile

5. Make sure the WiFi isn't greyed out, this can mean a hardware fault

6. Check all the buttons work (all = 5, shouldn't take long)
Posted By: madrob Re: iphone 4 - 11th Oct 2011 8:15pm
whats jailbroken mean an could it be a fake with warranty orig box
Posted By: TheDr Re: iphone 4 - 11th Oct 2011 8:20pm
They Jailbreak them so you can load apps for free, it's basically a way of hacking the hell out of the Apple software so you don't have to pay them for the apps.
Sometimes it works and is okay, others you have to put up with your phone crashing now and then.

Receipts can be faked, even an original box didn't have to have that phone in when it was bought smile

Trust your instincts, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is, if you know them and it all seems genuine, do what you feel comfortable with.
Posted By: madrob Re: iphone 4 - 11th Oct 2011 8:25pm
id prefer one thats not jailbroken an suppose your right cheers doc
Posted By: madrob Re: iphone 4 - 11th Oct 2011 8:27pm
the guy whos got it has told me its got no sim in but i can get it home an cut up a voda sim to fit is dat a silly fing to do ?
Posted By: TheDr Re: iphone 4 - 11th Oct 2011 8:33pm
If you're not too far from my place we have a sim cutter, don't charge just put a normal sim in, press and it cuts out a micro-sim, you can do it with scissors (or there is a place in town that will charge you a tenner for using the cutter).

Haven't had one fail yet but if the sim is important to you copy everything across before you/we cut it.
Posted By: madrob Re: iphone 4 - 11th Oct 2011 8:36pm
cheers wheres your shop doc
Posted By: TheDr Re: iphone 4 - 11th Oct 2011 8:44pm
Send me a pm, I'll message you the address when I get back later.
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: iphone 4 - 12th Oct 2011 2:25pm
I used scissors for a friends worked a treat!!!
Posted By: lau2908 Re: iphone 4 - 12th Oct 2011 2:38pm
I cut mine up easy an works a treat if done correct
Posted By: lau2908 Re: iphone 4 - 12th Oct 2011 2:40pm
Jail broken all the way !
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: iphone 4 - 12th Oct 2011 4:28pm
Originally Posted by lau2908
Jail broken all the way !
withthat

It does not do any harm jailbreaking, don't listen to the crap about it crashing that's nothing to do with the jailbreak it's down to the fact that the softasses have filled their phones up to maximum capacity, that's why they crash.

My iPhone 4 was only one day old when I jailbroke it, get it done lad and stop worrying about it wink
Posted By: lau2908 Re: iphone 4 - 12th Oct 2011 4:40pm
iphone aint the same without it jailbroken imo, when its jailbroken you can change so much and totally customize the way it looks, rather than being stuck with the same old iphone screens.

the big bonus is all apps r freee. My iphone 4 is full of stuff an have no problems with crashing at all.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral