Forums
Posted By: neilmcc how can i watch american a&e tv in uk - 9th Oct 2011 10:48am
does anyone know how i can watch a&e tv from america in the uk is there any packages that i can subscribe to or doi need to get a big sat dish and receiver

cheers neil
Posted By: ex0__ Re: how can i watch american a&e tv in uk - 9th Oct 2011 12:57pm
Download from btjunkie?
Posted By: little_pob Re: how can i watch american a&e tv in uk - 9th Oct 2011 3:16pm
A sat dish won't pick up the channel as they work by line of sight. If you want to watch a live stream then you are going to have to find someone that (illegally) streams the live channel over the internet.

If you want to watch individual shows then:
AETV.com + proxy.
Hulu + proxy.
Sidereel (depending how much you watch you may want to buy a megavideo subscription in addition).
Torrents.
Newsgroups.
Posted By: ex0__ Re: how can i watch american a&e tv in uk - 9th Oct 2011 5:52pm
You can proxy sidereel (or anything else that uses megavideo) to get around that annoying 45min viewing time.
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: how can i watch american a&e tv in uk - 9th Oct 2011 6:06pm
I have the reverse problem trying to watch UK shows in USA online. For whatever reason if I click on certain shows to watch OR try to listen to UK radio stations I get a message saying "this channel is not allowed in USA". It's obviously something to do with copyright, money or both...it usually is.
What is it that you like on A&E channel, NeilMcc? It's a channel I occasionally watch here in USA
Posted By: TheDr Re: how can i watch american a&e tv in uk - 9th Oct 2011 6:15pm
A lot of the US networks allow you to watch the shows on their website (like iPlayer here) but blocks non USA viewers.

Easy way round it is to install a small program to send a fake IP (a USA one) and the website will see you as a resident and let you watch it.
Posted By: Maisie Re: how can i watch american a&e tv in uk - 10th Oct 2011 11:46am
Originally Posted by TheDr
A lot of the US networks allow you to watch the shows on their website (like iPlayer here) but blocks non USA viewers.

Easy way round it is to install a small program to send a fake IP (a USA one) and the website will see you as a resident and let you watch it.

I have this problem, I want to watch American A&E too. What's the program that I would need to install please?

Thanks
Posted By: ex0__ Re: how can i watch american a&e tv in uk - 10th Oct 2011 2:32pm
Proxyswitcher is the simplest one off the top of my head, look up a guide for it. Waste of time though, by far the easiest way is to just download the show as a series from btjunkie.org.
Posted By: muzzy2 Re: how can i watch american a&e tv in uk - 10th Oct 2011 2:47pm
Yes, but not compatible on Mac!
Posted By: ex0__ Re: how can i watch american a&e tv in uk - 10th Oct 2011 3:05pm
Get used to it, macs suck. Bootcamp over to windows and do it through there.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral