Forums
With the launch of the new IPhone about to hit us i would like to ask which is the best to have between it and the latest android phone>?

Since Harry hill is not here there will be no fighting.

The reason I ask is that I have a android and bound to get the comments that I should of waited for the IP5 launch from the likes of my brother etc.

Noamd
I have had iPhone 3GS and 4 my sister has had an android which I have used and even though I used to hate apple when they first introduced the iPod touch and thought everything had to be bought from them I now couldn't be without mine so just to make sure I carry two iPhones with me
Cheers, for reply, just to clarify, the reason i ask is not to argue with mates etc but generally interested if I should have waited.

Sean, whats the pic of? which aircraft?

Nomad
I love android but guess it depends on the handset.you go for, I've got the 5" dell streak
I have the htc sense, but to be honest I didn't have a clue about phones and asked an ex for advice

Nomad
I have an iPhone 3GS and I lurrrrve my phone, it's a 16gb I've had it nearly 2 years and I haven't run out of memory, the only downsides are you can't blutooth pics and stuff to your mates and there's no flash so u can take pics in the dark
Got to be iPhone, I had and abused my 1st one which was an iPhone 2g (I think) when that died I got an iPhone 4. Love it and wouldn't change it for anything. (apart from the iPhone 5).

iPhone 4 has an ultra bright flash also handy as a torch.

Also has a front camera.

It has a HD screen and is the only phone with that feature.

You can share via bluetooth via apps or iPhone to iPhone.

The 4 also has live video streaming.
yep, can do all them I think. 8mb cam and one on front.

Ok if you already have a Iphone or android then you will get the next one, afterall you know how it works but..

For someone new to phones which is the best to choose, the IP5 will be the latest on the market hence people will say that.
nice to have all these features but the apps that iphone user download most , according to my mates are power savers and most of the functions are turned off in order to save the battery life, this applies to androids as well.

Nomad
To be honest I got my 1st iPhone as a fashion statement and I hated it until I got used to it.

Battery life is fine, I charge it once a day.

I now find it hard to use any other phone, I really fancied a Sony experia and when I eventually bought one it lasted 1 day then I got rid of it due to the screen looking horrible and not being able to use it properly.

My girlfriend has a blackberry and I have had a go of that and find it annoying so I wouldn't use another phone as like you said I'm now accustomed to it.

Being fair though I have to admit I've never had or entertained a HTC or any android/windows phones.

Mattlfc is the man to ask advice wink
Bit late now as I have already got a new phone. I was just curious.

why is there always different systems, ie like the old VHS and

Beta max tapes (for us oldies lol )

Nomad
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Android or Iphone - Which is actually best to have - 3rd Oct 2011 8:46pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
(apart from the iPhone 5)

Word is that it's going to be called the IPhone 4s confused from what I was reading before it looks as if were going to fined out in the next 24hrs smile

http://iphone5release.org/
Personally I am not a fan of ios, I find it to be really limiting and expensive. Android is a much better os imo. I find that apple hardware is much better quality and better looking but you pay alot more for the privilege. Apple are starting to catch up a little on some of the other features such as cloud based services but even that is a charged service which is free on android.

I tend to find, if you are a gadget type of person, the iphone is best, if you are a techy and want a phone that does everything the iphone does with none of the limitations and you are not to bothered about the hardware, then android is best.

Fyi, android is currently outselling iphone 2 to 1. I would never get an iphone, they are to expensive
I prefer android, there are many reasons behind this such as it being an open source system and is more open to development for apps and the operating system its self, I recently purchased an android tablet over an iPad
ive had all the iphones, blackberrys, htcs, galaxy s etc you name it , an even though i love android, i always end up going bak to iphone , everytime
I have a Samsung Galaxy S II and absolutely love it smile
There is so many types of phones out there. having not had a smart phone for ages, I am amazed by all the features they have but then I am disapointed by the fact if they are all switched on then the battery life is very short. so I guess the answer to my question is once you get a phone then you tend to follow the new versions as they come out.

Nomad
I have the htc sensation and it is a brilliant phone. Has everything you could possible need and want in a phone and much more. I also have an iPod touch for my music so you could say I have the best of both worlds.
its all about the android
Different strokes different folks. For me the iPhone is perfect. Does everything I need and very easily. I have a MacBook Pro, an iMac, an iPad, iPod and iPhone and everything works together in perfect harmony from synchronised bookmarks etc to wireless printing.

As the saying goes.... "it just works" no messing.

So what if the others have certain features that haven't made it to iPhone yet, it's generally stuff you'll never use. But you can rest assured when it does make it over to iPhone itll be better.

Can't see me ever having another make of phone now.

Well said clap
© Wirral-Wikiwirral