Forums
Posted By: Clive What does this mean - 30th Sep 2011 2:23pm
Every time i start wikiwirral, this pops up

Attached picture Untitled.jpg
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: What does this mean - 30th Sep 2011 3:14pm
Looks like it might be spyware or a virus meesing things up. Try using a different browser as a start.
Posted By: AlexB Re: What does this mean - 30th Sep 2011 3:17pm
Go to:
Tools/Internet Options/Advanced.

Under the Browsing heading tick "disable script debugging". If there are two entries (one for IE and one for "other") then tick them both.

It needn't be a problem.
Posted By: Littlebear Re: What does this mean - 30th Sep 2011 3:34pm
I hate to say it but use Firefox, you will have less problems. Some sites use scripting which is incompatible with some browsers and some aren't coded that well.
Posted By: ex0__ Re: What does this mean - 30th Sep 2011 4:36pm
Clear your cache, it's not a virus or spyware. Just an error with loading the page from your cache.
Posted By: Clive Re: What does this mean - 30th Sep 2011 4:37pm
Originally Posted by AlexB
Go to:
Tools/Internet Options/Advanced.

Under the Browsing heading tick "disable script debugging". If there are two entries (one for IE and one for "other") then tick them both.

It needn't be a problem.
thanks alex
Posted By: Clive Re: What does this mean - 30th Sep 2011 4:38pm
Originally Posted by ex0__
Clear your cache, it's not a virus or spyware. Just an error with loading the page from your cache.
thanks ex0
Posted By: SoundLad Re: What does this mean - 2nd Oct 2011 1:04pm
Its also best to reload every webpage as with todays standards they update them on the fly i.e. Everyday. With internet speeds at the the momement a few seconds isnt going to hurt you.. Enable the clear of cache (delete everything) when you close your browser.. Which will clear everything and so when you come to use the website again then it will load up everything from the webstite and not use the cache.. I now some people love the cache and speedy load times but seriously to solve everyday problems use the Clear of Cache at close.. Remember these options are configurable and remember to unclick cookies if you like to keep signed into facebook etc.. smile But i use it all the time.. Obvioulsy keep cookies etc but Clearing the cache is a must if you want error free browsing.

*NOTE this is an idea.. You do not have to do this.. Also you will need to read your browsers help to turn on this function*... *also im not responsible for your loss of logged in websites if you have cleared the cache without unclicking cookies then its your fault not mine*** Now that boring bit is out the way.. If you want me to explain for each browser let me now..

smile smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral