Forums
Posted By: Jobneeded67 BT Broadband Connection Problems - 29th Sep 2011 2:32pm
Anybody here having intermittent problems with their BT Broadband connection? I am FED UP with having to ring up their Helpline to complain about the constant problems I am having getting connected.

The worst time is night, when I can't get connected at all for over an hour! And now the daily connection is getting worse, as this morning I just could not get online at all. Needless to say, this necessitated my having to contact them, and this time I was answered by clerk who said their offices were now based in India! Does anybody know more on this?

So are any of you BT Broadband customer experiencing similar connection problems?
Posted By: ex0__ Re: BT Broadband Connection Problems - 29th Sep 2011 3:36pm
Switch ISP? Loads out there that are better (cheaper) and with better data protection policies than BT. If the fault continues you know it's the line.
Posted By: Garygadge Re: BT Broadband Connection Problems - 29th Sep 2011 4:39pm
I used to have major problems with broadband with tiscali, apparently they where connected via LLU in the exchange, EVERY night as soon as peak time started around 4:30pm when all the kids where home from school my internet would just go off, it would stay off until 11:30pm, weekends were not as bad though.

I would change ISP, probably find a much cheaper deal elsewhere, we are with the post office at the moment, free evening calls, free weekend calls to mobiles and different countries included in the package, the internet is unlimited too on the broadband extra package.

you can also have a favourite number which you can call free on that persons birthday and at christmas for an hour.
Posted By: Lindam1963 Re: BT Broadband Connection Problems - 29th Sep 2011 5:35pm
I've had BT Broadband intermittent connections for 2 weeks. An engineer was supposed to be coming out today, but got delayed somewhere, so a visit has been postponed 'til Saturday morning. Our connection hasn't been too bad the last couple of nights. However I've looked at the event log in the Hub Manager and it has a number of instances saying "XSDL linestate down" during the day.
If you can get a connection for long enough, it might be worthwhile filling in one of those contact forms on BT.com to complain that the helpdesk in India isn't sorting the problem out for you.
Posted By: lonenickel Re: BT Broadband Connection Problems - 29th Sep 2011 8:32pm
Common problems are caused by the filter

these can be purchased from poundland

also check the the filter is the first thing plugged into your master socket in your house

need anymore help just ask

thanks

shaun
Posted By: philmch Re: BT Broadband Connection Problems - 2nd Oct 2011 3:39pm
Hmmm.

Mine went off on Tuesday 27th Sept and has only just re-appeared. Phoned BT helpline who ran line checks and had booked an engineer to visit tomorrow morning. Phone line has been ok.

I changed over to BT from Virgin in March and have never had any problems until this week.

Sunspot activity perhaps ?

Posted By: Nigel Re: BT Broadband Connection Problems - 2nd Oct 2011 5:51pm
I would have stuck with VirginMedia tbh.
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: BT Broadband Connection Problems - 3rd Oct 2011 6:54am
was with bt for ages but got sick of the poor download speed, max 2meg

shifted to sky and it was worse so they sent out an engineer who found 2 filters in a box on the line form the 70's when the mast in seaview road was bleeding radio across the phonelines..

He removed the filters and we now get up to 12meg on a good day
Posted By: philmch Re: BT Broadband Connection Problems - 3rd Oct 2011 8:04pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15154020

So it's not just us Wirral lot then.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral