Forums
Posted By: torryman nero burning problem - 18th Sep 2011 2:44pm
Hi ...can you help, any music discs that I burn play ok in a computer but when played in my car or c.d player it only plays track one..(I'm using nero express).... it copies dvd's fine but any music cds only have 1 track?
Posted By: Clive Re: nero burning problem - 18th Sep 2011 3:03pm
Found that if you turn on the "read all subchannel data" setting in the advanced tab of the "copy entire cd" option my cds burnt ok and i can skip between tracks

The CD player then recognised all the separate track numbers and not just track one
Posted By: zigzagwanderer Re: nero burning problem - 18th Sep 2011 3:43pm
I find Windows Media Player burns cds easily & never had a problem .
Posted By: torryman Re: nero burning problem - 18th Sep 2011 3:45pm
It's when I compile a CD (rather than copy a CD) as this is the action I more often perform on Nero. This problem has occurred across multiple versions of burning software. always used Nero have not yet tried other software so cannot confirm if this is software or hardware issue as this has simply arisen relatively out of the blue on a new computer purchased from a local PC shop.

Nero Version: 7.11.10.0 (Burning ROM)
Posted By: 16dibbins Re: nero burning problem - 18th Sep 2011 6:59pm
You need to finalise the CD - its one of the options when you burn. The player in the PC is multi-session so it will allow you to add files if there is space on the CD. The car and some home players are single session so only 'see' track 1

Steve
Posted By: motionspoon Re: nero burning problem - 19th Sep 2011 12:13am
Ive always found that burning the discs at a lower speed helps, try burning at 8x or even 4x.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: nero burning problem - 16th Nov 2011 4:14am
Originally Posted by zigzagwanderer
I find Windows Media Player burns cds easily & never had a problem .

Same here, I started having problems with nero a few years back so stopped using it.

© Wirral-Wikiwirral