Forums
Posted By: Toffeenose Intergrated webcam - 5th Sep 2011 1:33pm
Hello folks, i have Samsung RV510 laptop with an intergrated webcam , which i am unable to use , unless i purchase an additional "Cyberlink Webcam" programme.Does this sound right ? or am i doing something wrong? any help greatly appreciated.
Posted By: little_pob Re: Intergrated webcam - 5th Sep 2011 2:03pm
Provided the drivers for it are installed you should be able to use it with Skype, MSN/WLM, Yahoo Messenge etc.

If you are wanting to record the webcam feed (e.g. for a YouTube video), then Windows Live Movie Maker should be able to do this: http://explore.live.com/windows-live-movie-maker
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Intergrated webcam - 5th Sep 2011 2:39pm
i tried the windows live one, it says no webcam found.
Posted By: little_pob Re: Intergrated webcam - 5th Sep 2011 2:48pm
Is there a toggle to turn the webcam on and off? Possibly on one of the function keys with the [Fn] button.
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Intergrated webcam - 5th Sep 2011 3:51pm
no , cant see a webcam fn key
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Intergrated webcam - 5th Sep 2011 5:24pm
Are the webcam drivers installed?

Is it even a webcam? It looks like an integrated camera to me. Webcam and camera are two different things.

Edit: The samsung site says this is a 0.3megapixel camera. I'd be surprised if you could use something like that as a webcam. 0.3 is hideous.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Intergrated webcam - 5th Sep 2011 5:33pm
All the manuals, drivers, firmware, question etc can be found HERE

If you get stuck just send me a pm
Posted By: little_pob Re: Intergrated webcam - 5th Sep 2011 6:24pm
Go to Start > Run > devmgmt.msc

If there is an Imaging devices entry, expand it. It should give you the name of the camera.

If there isn't such an entry are there any unrecognised devices further down in the list?
Originally Posted by ex0__
Are the webcam drivers installed?

Is it even a webcam? It looks like an integrated camera to me. Webcam and camera are two different things.

Edit: The samsung site says this is a 0.3megapixel camera. I'd be surprised if you could use something like that as a webcam. 0.3 is hideous.
The spec list in TheDr's link says "Integrated Camera: Web Camera", yet there isn't a specific driver for any type of camera... think
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Intergrated webcam - 5th Sep 2011 7:14pm
Cheers for the response people , just going out to work , will look at whats what tomorrow , thanks Pete
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Intergrated webcam - 6th Sep 2011 1:26pm
under imaging devices, it says , WebCam SCB-0355N
© Wirral-Wikiwirral