Forums
Posted By: jabber_Ish headphones repair - 5th Sep 2011 10:34am
I have a very top end set of sennheiser headphones for my ipod and the right earphone has been damaged inside the jack plug where it attaches to the ipod. if i wiggle the wire then it works for a while.

can this jack plug be replaced ?

can anyone do it for me pls ?

i dont want to have the expense of replacing them as they are not cheap headphones
Posted By: Sallybear Re: headphones repair - 5th Sep 2011 11:47am
There are loads of online repairs on instructables.com for doing this yourself, and also on youtube.

Don't know if it helps at all, but my dad has fixed many headphones over the years when one ear has gone crackly due to broken wires, so I am sure it can be done.
Posted By: lau2908 Re: headphones repair - 5th Sep 2011 1:32pm
yeah its a easy job to do
Posted By: little_pob Re: headphones repair - 5th Sep 2011 1:55pm
What Sennheiser headphones? I'm only asking as my set of HD 215 have a detachable lead, but the PMX 90 are hard wired.

If there is a detachable lead and it's the plug that's damaged, you can either cut off and solder on a new 2.5mm jack or replace with a new lead.

If they are hard wired or it's the socket that's damaged you'll have to open the casing to have a poke.

(For what it's worth the audio quality of the iPods don't really warrant spending more that about £20 on headphones.)
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: headphones repair - 5th Sep 2011 2:01pm
cx 400 II is the model

i think they definately need a new jack plug fitting

any takers to do it for me ?
Posted By: little_pob Re: headphones repair - 5th Sep 2011 6:33pm
How long have you had them? As there is a 2 year warranty on these: http://www.sennheiser.co.uk/uk/home_en.nsf/root/private_headphones_classic-line_cxseries_502743

Under Sale of Goods Act your contract is with the store. However, you may be better dealing with Sennheiser directly.
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: headphones repair - 6th Sep 2011 6:43am
ive no proof of purchase tbh

and ive jsut seen them for sale for under £30 omg
when i got mine they were much more expensive , i may jsut replace them
Posted By: Littlebear Re: headphones repair - 6th Sep 2011 9:22am
I've had three pairs and they all seem to break - I've never had headphones break so many times before. It's the wiring inside, it has an enamel covering and is really thin and prone to snappage. Cheap Chinese crap, in other words.
Posted By: woofie Re: headphones repair - 6th Sep 2011 10:29am
Hi Jabber. I`ve got a ruck of jack plugs, leads & stuff. I have been fixing things like that since i was a puppy over 40yrs ago. If you want me to have a butchers at it, e-mail me. happy to help.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: headphones repair - 6th Sep 2011 10:42am
My headphones on my ipod have been replaced a few times - £5 in ASDA. Can't moan.
Posted By: woofie Re: headphones repair - 7th Sep 2011 6:54am
Hi Jabber. Just sent you a PM but dont know if it`s got through as there`s no "sent" confirmation. Tel: 07960 182 455.
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: headphones repair - 14th Sep 2011 4:05pm
thank you ever so much woofie, youve done a cracking job party ive been having to use horrid ipod headphones and they are so poor, sound qualitywise, now my music sounds awesome again
© Wirral-Wikiwirral