Forums
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Crappy phone signal? - 29th Aug 2011 1:45pm
Can you get really bad phone signal because of a sim card? Because I have problems with my new phone - signal dropping, not receiving texts for hours, not receiving phone calls at all etc. - but also with my phone before it, so it's not the phone.

And I would imagine there'd be tons of complaints if it was a problem with the network. The only thing the same with both phones is the sim card and network, so can it be the sim card or is there anything else it might be? Driving me mad now!

Thanks!
Posted By: sean99789 Re: Crappy phone signal? - 29th Aug 2011 1:56pm
It can be the sim if it doesn't "auto update" older sims are the worst cause as we all know nothing is built to last forever what network is it on ? And before you started having problems did you live somewhere else or had them from day one ?

I have a friend who got a new phone and had constant problems with it that was a sim fault due to wear and tear according to orange

Most will give you a new sim same number if you contact or even go in to a store and free too 99% of the time
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Crappy phone signal? - 29th Aug 2011 2:04pm
Its probably the network, there are some low signal areas and there are quite a few areas without sufficient capacity.

Let me guess .... O2?
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: Crappy phone signal? - 29th Aug 2011 2:05pm
I'm on o2, and yeah I moved to my mum's around about when it started, but before that I was in Liverpool so it's not too far, but could it be that? It does happen when I'm out and about to though, even going to Liverpool as well.

I've even got one of those signal boost things in here and it hasn't helped at all, should I just get a new sim anyway and see what happens?

thanks for your help!
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: Crappy phone signal? - 29th Aug 2011 2:06pm
Its probably the network, there are some low signal areas and there are quite a few areas without sufficient capacity.

Let me guess .... O2?

Yeah haa!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Crappy phone signal? - 29th Aug 2011 2:09pm
Its the network smack
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: Crappy phone signal? - 29th Aug 2011 2:10pm
Haha right, thanks tease
Posted By: motherhen2610 Re: Crappy phone signal? - 29th Aug 2011 2:39pm
I'm on o2 and had the same problem, they had to send my phone off to be fixed
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: Crappy phone signal? - 29th Aug 2011 2:43pm
What do they do to fix it?
Posted By: motherhen2610 Re: Crappy phone signal? - 29th Aug 2011 3:36pm
dont know sorry, they just sennt it off and updated software as well
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: Crappy phone signal? - 29th Aug 2011 3:51pm
oooh right okay, thanks!
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Crappy phone signal? - 29th Aug 2011 4:44pm
Idont know if you're in Wallasey or not , but when i was on O2 , not that long ago , i had to stand upstairs , near the front window , just to get a slight signal....i changed to Virgin , which i think uses t-mobile , and the signal is pretty good .The signal was crap with every o2 phone i had .
Posted By: Satforce Re: Crappy phone signal? - 29th Aug 2011 4:48pm
if your having a delay in getting your content, you need to call your provider and ask them to send your phone the multimedia settings for your sim and phone
Posted By: phk68bay Re: Crappy phone signal? - 29th Aug 2011 5:08pm
im on orange and had similair problems. All i had to do was turn off the 3G option on my phone if you have that and it works perfectly. if i put 3G back on tho it starts playing up again, no signal not calling etc. If you have that option on your phone try it. x
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: Crappy phone signal? - 29th Aug 2011 5:17pm
Originally Posted by Satforce
if your having a delay in getting your content, you need to call your provider and ask them to send your phone the multimedia settings for your sim and phone

Then what?

Originally Posted by phk68bay
im on orange and had similair problems. All i had to do was turn off the 3G option on my phone if you have that and it works perfectly. if i put 3G back on tho it starts playing up again, no signal not calling etc. If you have that option on your phone try it. x

Yup I've tried this, doesn't help, just makes my internet stupidly slow!

I went to the 3G shop a while ago and they were saying that o2 hasn't got many signal things (sorry for the technical language) around here so the signal's not so good. But I know other people with o2 phones around here and they don't have the same problem smirk
Posted By: Wiggi77 Re: Crappy phone signal? - 29th Aug 2011 5:47pm
I'm on O2 and have been even when it was cellnet then bt cellnet then O2 and iv never had any problems with it.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Crappy phone signal? - 29th Aug 2011 6:04pm
I am on orange/t mobile and it is rubbish most of the time, the wife has the same phone with o 2 and it is much better reception most of the time
Posted By: Maisie Re: Crappy phone signal? - 29th Aug 2011 6:18pm
Originally Posted by Wiggi77
I'm on O2 and have been even when it was cellnet then bt cellnet then O2 and iv never had any problems with it.

I'm the same been with o2 forever, never had any problems with mine. Always been good for me!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Crappy phone signal? - 30th Aug 2011 7:37am
Originally Posted by Maisie
Originally Posted by Wiggi77

I'm the same been with o2 forever, never had any problems with mine. Always been good for me!!

withthat
© Wirral-Wikiwirral