Forums
Posted By: bert1 Any ideas, why this - 15th Jul 2011 6:14am
If you look at the pic, i have a google tool bar, had it for many years and this has just started happening, when i use the search bar, the first letter i type goes in immediately, the following letters appear after a few seconds, sometimes erratic and not the complete word, sometimes the whole word, What you see below is what i get, only when i click search a second time do i get to go where i want, i have taken it off and reinstalled the tool bar 3 times over recent days, no change, definitly the tool bar for IE. Thanks in advance.

Attached picture untitled.JPG
Posted By: PhilyMc Re: Any ideas, why this - 15th Jul 2011 8:09am
Download Google Chrome and use that as yuor browser Much better in my opinion.

http://www.google.com/chrome/eula.h...ce=en-GB-ha-emea-uk-bk&utm_medium=ha

If you have problems with that then something is defintely corrupt
Posted By: PhilyMc Re: Any ideas, why this - 15th Jul 2011 8:09am
Hav eyou ran latest windows upodates?
Posted By: bert1 Re: Any ideas, why this - 15th Jul 2011 8:17am
Thank You, windows all updated, might try chrome but I'd like to know why this is happening, all of a sudden.
Posted By: PhilyMc Re: Any ideas, why this - 15th Jul 2011 8:44am
Sounds like a virus mate, what version of internet explorer are you using?

Have you tried uninstalling internet explorer and then reinstalliung?

Download another browser first before uninstall
Posted By: PhilyMc Re: Any ideas, why this - 15th Jul 2011 8:45am
Have you cleared the cache in internet explorer have you cleared all the cache in gogle toolbar? using the spanner ?
Posted By: bert1 Re: Any ideas, why this - 15th Jul 2011 9:03am
Phil, done in IE, do it regular, can't find where in google spanner, thanks.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Any ideas, why this - 15th Jul 2011 9:22am
Phil, seems to have gone after clearing IE cache once again, thank you for your help.
Posted By: PhilyMc Re: Any ideas, why this - 15th Jul 2011 9:26am
No problem
Posted By: Nigel Re: Any ideas, why this - 15th Jul 2011 12:01pm
Originally Posted by bert1
If you look at the pic, i have a google tool bar, had it for many years and this has just started happening, when i use the search bar, the first letter i type goes in immediately, the following letters appear after a few seconds, sometimes erratic and not the complete word, sometimes the whole word, What you see below is what i get, only when i click search a second time do i get to go where i want, i have taken it off and reinstalled the tool bar 3 times over recent days, no change, definitly the tool bar for IE. Thanks in advance.

Google is constantly searching as you type hence the delay, it cuts down on the search time. Seems crazy I know. You can disable this function in the toolbar settings.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Any ideas, why this - 15th Jul 2011 12:30pm
Ditch the tool bar, get SRWare Ion http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php

Looks and acts just like Chrome without all the Google add ons so is faster and, well better.

Oh and if you think you will miss your google tool bar because you use it for searching, in SRWare Ion, you just type your search directly into the address bar.

Posted By: bert1 Re: Any ideas, why this - 15th Jul 2011 12:38pm
Thanks all, it seems to have gone now, if it comes back i will consider all alternatives, Thank you.
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Any ideas, why this - 15th Jul 2011 12:38pm
I see the problem.

You're using IE.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Any ideas, why this - 15th Jul 2011 5:25pm
It's not recognising the extension (html) inside IE. It's just loading it as a raw file.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral