Forums
Posted By: bazzoh unlocked blackberry help - 26th Jun 2011 9:55am
hello! errrr help!!
i bought a second hand blackberry 9000 a while ago and have got round to getting it unlocked etc. I did all that and my missus put her tesco sim in and all seemed well. However.... when she went to activate the BBM etc she was told she couldnt because the pin was locked to orange (orange branded phone). When she phoned Orange up to ask for the pin, she was told it needs to be the previous owner who phones up with all the sim card details etc! Obviously we dont have these as we bought it second hand! anyone got any ideas??
ta!
baz
Posted By: Anonymous Re: unlocked blackberry help - 26th Jun 2011 10:02am
keep a orange sim in it, and use it for 3 months, but make sure sim is registered in your name, and in 3 months put £20 credit on your phone and phone orange they will unlock it and take the £20 of credit, failing that wait for the dr to replie or pm him, am sure he will help you with advice
Posted By: bazzoh Re: unlocked blackberry help - 26th Jun 2011 10:03am
thanks Wilo - Dr where are you haha
Posted By: bazzoh Re: unlocked blackberry help - 26th Jun 2011 10:44am
hmmm may have sussed this one! my blackberry is with another carrier, ive put that sim into the "locked" one started it up, then put it back in my one (still following?!) then started my phone and it appears to have cleared it! wicked!
Posted By: TheDr Re: unlocked blackberry help - 26th Jun 2011 11:36am
I hope you have it sorted but if youre still having problems send me a pm and I'll see what I can do smile
Posted By: bazzoh Re: unlocked blackberry help - 26th Jun 2011 2:06pm
thanks Dr - appears to all be working fine now! orange refused to release the pin on the phone without speaking to the previous owner - job appears done now though - thanks to everyone!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral