Forums
Posted By: lau2908 Htc mini hd repair - 22nd Jun 2011 2:52pm
I have a hd mini that needs a new screen, i took it to get fixed and the screen worked , however i was able to make a call fine, an you know when you hold a phone to your ear the screen goes black, then normally when you pull it away, it lights up again so you can hang up , it wouldnt do that so i had to turn the phone off to hang up, so maybe its a faulty sensor.

Anyway the shop couldnt fix i, i dont think they had a clue tbh, so need to get a new screen and someone to look at/figure out why the phone isnt noticing it when you pull it away from your face.

Lol hope this makes sense
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Htc mini hd repair - 22nd Jun 2011 3:54pm
that's the proximity sensor
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Htc mini hd repair - 22nd Jun 2011 5:30pm
Get in touch with manufacture, they will arrange collection and repair free, or take it to one of there service repair centres
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Htc mini hd repair - 22nd Jun 2011 7:10pm
the screen is broke though and surely the manufacturer wouldn't repair for free?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Htc mini hd repair - 22nd Jun 2011 7:18pm
sorry missed that bit, my samsung wave played up with the proximity sensor, I updated the firmware on it and it was fine and no more problems, buy a broken phone of ebay, and swap the screen over
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Htc mini hd repair - 22nd Jun 2011 8:07pm
do you think it might be the firmware possibly? maybe worth looking at , will try that when have sourced a new screen
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Htc mini hd repair - 23rd Jun 2011 1:07am
have u installed a custom rom on it?
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Htc mini hd repair - 23rd Jun 2011 4:45pm
no not touched it, all the same as when bought new
Posted By: TheDr Re: Htc mini hd repair - 23rd Jun 2011 7:08pm
Bring it with you next time you're at mine and I'll see if I can can get it sorted for you smile
Posted By: peodude Re: Htc mini hd repair - 23rd Jun 2011 7:38pm
Proximity sensors i think are usually built into the screen. That may be why it is not working. Replace the screen and then see what happens.
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Htc mini hd repair - 23rd Jun 2011 8:23pm
how much are the screens dr, do you do the screens to?
Posted By: TheDr Re: Htc mini hd repair - 23rd Jun 2011 9:01pm
pm sent laugh
Posted By: brianc2 Re: Htc mini hd repair - 23rd Jun 2011 9:04pm
how much would you pay for one that in full working order?
I think its locked to orange
Posted By: TheDr Re: Htc mini hd repair - 23rd Jun 2011 9:21pm
We buy phones all day long, working or not, but we buy them in for scrap we don't resell them, so if yours was working you'll get far more for it selling it privately.

I can unlock the HTC's if it's the network you don't like.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral