Forums
Posted By: Dj Kev L iPhone - 7th Jun 2011 6:51pm
Just jailbroke my IPhone 3GS. Can anyone help me on how to get free apps. Dnt know way I'm doin. Thanks
Posted By: MattLFC Re: iPhone - 7th Jun 2011 6:56pm
Think Ste might know this, drop him a PM smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: iPhone - 7th Jun 2011 7:05pm
Download an app called `Installous` from `cydia` (cydia should of installed with the jailbreak).

Then browse or search from `installous` for what you want and it will also install the app for you (no need to connect to pc).

1ST thing you need is a flash app as the iphone doesn`t support flash due to apple not letting adobe port it to iphone for some silly reason confused

smile
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: iPhone - 7th Jun 2011 7:10pm
Yo, Just to advance on what ste said, when you open cydia you may need to add a repository.

off the top of my head i think it is http://cydia.hackulo.us/

Then do what ste said.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: iPhone - 7th Jun 2011 7:15pm
Originally Posted by TheComputerLab
Yo, Just to advance on what ste said, when you open cydia you may need to add a repository.

off the top of my head i think it is http://cydia.hackulo.us/

Then do what ste said.

smack Sorry, forgot about that part (long time since i updated).

Some apps i use...

Description: Download apps
Attached picture IMG_1079.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous Re: iPhone - 7th Jun 2011 9:12pm
Originally Posted by Dj Kev L
Just jailbroke my IPhone 3GS. Can anyone help me on how to get free apps. Dnt know way I'm doin. Thanks
what will you charge to do my 3g iphone
Posted By: lau2908 Re: iPhone - 7th Jun 2011 9:20pm
willo its simple and takes about 5 mins
Posted By: Anonymous Re: iPhone - 7th Jun 2011 9:22pm
i really need it doing and unlocking, orange want me to stay with them for 3 months, and then want £25, indoor market want £25 to unlock it it, but if i update it i lose unlock, unless i pay £65
Posted By: TheDr Re: iPhone - 7th Jun 2011 9:33pm
Originally Posted by willo
i really need it doing and unlocking, orange want me to stay with them for 3 months, and then want £25, indoor market want £25 to unlock it it, but if i update it i lose unlock, unless i pay £65

The market will charge £25 for jailbreaking, but ideally you need to know how to do it yourself, it's not difficult (it's free) and helps if you need to connect to iTunes for some reason so that you can do it again.

If you unlock it properly via Orange (as we discussed earlier, and I quoted much less than £40 laugh ) then although you'll be able to use any sim in it the main reason people JailBreak is to enable them to download apps for free rather than using the App Store.
Posted By: Dj Kev L Re: iPhone - 8th Jun 2011 1:35am
Thanks set done wat u said all all is fab. Just got tomtom for free and it costs £50 on app store lol. One last question how do I get my music for free cause wen I hot to do it it says download I click and it just plays. Six I'm new to this I'm normally a android man. This my first iphone
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: iPhone - 8th Jun 2011 5:14am

Willo just go on the Internet on your iPhone and type www.jailbreakme.com
That's how I done my iPhone 4, depending on what firmware you have installed it may or may not work but it will tell you anyway.
It took me about 1 minute and it does it for you without connecting to the pc.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: iPhone - 8th Jun 2011 5:36am
This is what you see when you goto the site willo...
[Linked Image]

It's easy and safe, just slide the slider across, simple as that.
I used this on my iPhone 4 when it was 3 days old, had no problems with it.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: iPhone - 8th Jun 2011 6:34am
thanks i will try it in about an hour
Posted By: Anonymous Re: iPhone - 8th Jun 2011 7:37am
Originally Posted by _Ste_

Willo just go on the Internet on your iPhone and type www.jailbreakme.com
That's how I done my iPhone 4, depending on what firmware you have installed it may or may not work but it will tell you anyway.
It took me about 1 minute and it does it for you without connecting to the pc.

it comes up saying
Version too new. you need to downgrade to 4.0.1/3.2.1 or earlier, (which may be impossible, before you can use this site.
Posted By: Wheels Re: iPhone - 8th Jun 2011 7:52am
Myself and other's had problems JB'ing the 3G versions but the 3GS an IP4 are ok.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: iPhone - 8th Jun 2011 7:53am
does any one know of easy solution, thanks
Posted By: delta6 Re: iPhone - 8th Jun 2011 7:54am
my mate has just dropped his iphone in his coffee!!
wont turn on now.
i take it hes stuffed?
no insurance either!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: iPhone - 8th Jun 2011 8:05am
tell him to take it to starlight shop in birkenhead market, who fix water damaged phones, they fixed my samsung wave when i dropped it in the sink, or ask the THEDR on here if he can reckomend
Posted By: MattLFC Re: iPhone - 8th Jun 2011 8:22am
Leave it to dry out for a long period, then see whats what! Second vote for Starlight from me, long established business and good reputation, used them a few times for phone repairs over the years, always done a spot on job for me, up-front and honest.

smile
Posted By: delta6 Re: iPhone - 8th Jun 2011 8:33am
cheers fellas.
will tell him to take it to starlight.
Posted By: TheDr Re: iPhone - 8th Jun 2011 10:40am
Thanks willo, but in the case of the iPhone if it's seriously water damaged I wouldn't advise getting it repaired (unless you really wanted to), either at my place or the more expensive place in Birkenhead Market smile

I know it's a lot to fork out but as long as the phone is a genuine iPhone and you haven't had a cheap Chinese copy screen/digitizer fitted (easy to tell, no comment on which place fits them laugh ) then Apple themselves will swap it for you.

You need to book an appointment with the Genius bar (you can do this online) and the Liverpool Store is the closest, it'll cost you £139 and for that you get a nice shiny new iPhone.

The problem with repairing water damaged iPhones (and we've been doing this for longer than anyone else on Merseyside) is that if it became REALLY wet you have to replace the LCD, the digitizer can lift from the frame and the water gets trapped in the multi=layer board, which can cause problems weeks or even months later.

IPhones have water indicators inside the charger socket, the headphone socket, and there are four on the board, these will all show so warranty is completely out, at least with a replacement as well as being shiny and new you do get a new limited warranty.

We have (successfully) repaired phones that have been in drinks, the bath, the toilet (it was clean water...honest) and even one that survived a full wash and spin cycle, the one singular thing I would stree is DO NOT TRY TO TURN IT ON. This is the point at which your phone dies, if you straightaway take it apart (battery out), dry it out, then take it to somewhere that that can properly clean the board you have a good chance of getting your phone back working again.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: iPhone - 8th Jun 2011 11:06am
Doc: Can you give me price to jailbreak and unlock iphone 3g, i want it so if i update i will not lose unlock, thanks
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: iPhone - 8th Jun 2011 12:21pm
I've never updated but I believe if you do it will cause you to lose your jailbreak, I'm waiting for the site I posted earlier to update as they are currently working on a jailbreak for the latest version of apples firmware. smile
Posted By: TheDr Re: iPhone - 8th Jun 2011 12:54pm
Doc: Can you give me price to jailbreak and unlock iphone 3g, i want it so if i update i will not lose unlock, thanks

If you want a genuine unlock from Orange it'll cost you £40 for us to do it, the JailBreak is free.

It does take a while for Orange to notify iTunes of the unlock, so you can either leave it with me to it or keep hold of the phone until they say it's done, then just connect it to iTunes with a sim card in it's locked to and it will unlock.
Posted By: Nigel Re: iPhone - 8th Jun 2011 1:27pm
Tell you what chaps, I am getting brassed off with what is and what is not classed as advertising or touting for business on here.
Posted By: delta6 Re: iPhone - 8th Jun 2011 2:29pm
cheers DR.
apparently its already in the bin!!!
he took it apart, (i thought he meant took the battery out) but oh no not my mate the technophobe - he took it apart completely to dry it and then couldnt get it back together so it went in the bin!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: iPhone - 8th Jun 2011 3:07pm
Originally Posted by Nigel
Tell you what chaps, I am getting brassed off with what is and what is not classed as advertising or touting for business on here.
I know the dr has a shop, i asked him, he did not advertise the fact or was not asking for customers, i asked him, so please stop getting your knickers in a twist
Posted By: TheDr Re: iPhone - 8th Jun 2011 4:41pm
I know the dr has a shop, i asked him, he did not advertise the fact or was not asking for customers, i asked him, so please stop getting your knickers in a twist

Thanks for that, if I was going to advertise I would have at least mentioned the name of the place, or maybe that's part of the fun, you have to guess smile
Posted By: scoops Re: iPhone - 8th Jun 2011 5:18pm
I've always found Bigabyte to be friendly and reasonably priced unlike Starlight who I find expensive and curmudgeonly.

Posted By: _Ste_ Re: iPhone - 8th Jun 2011 6:54pm
The dr is a big help smile
Posted By: paulph25 Re: iPhone - 8th Jun 2011 7:32pm

and your point is..............??
Posted By: Anonymous Re: iPhone - 9th Jun 2011 11:31am
I've never updated but I believe if you do it will cause you to lose your jailbreak, I'm waiting for the site I posted earlier to update as they are currently working on a jailbreak for the latest version of apples firmware. smile

Use the one I posted on me Facebook wall. Thats the best out there now, all the others are a load of cock.. wink Am running iOS 4.4.3, the laters one..
Posted By: Anonymous Re: iPhone - 9th Jun 2011 11:55am
Sorry that's ment to be ios 4.3.3.

Everythink you need is hear..

http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak...uch-4g-3g-using-redsn0w-how-to-tutorial/

http://everythingapplepro.net/?p=126
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: iPhone - 9th Jun 2011 3:00pm
Originally Posted by _jase_

Use the one I posted on me Facebook wall. Thats the best out there now, all the others are a load of cock.. wink Am running iOS 4.4.3, the laters one..

Cheers jase, I'll have a look at that later happy
Posted By: murdoch Re: iPhone - 10th Jun 2011 1:15pm
Are there any risk attached with unlocking thing like likelihood of the device getting damaged?

I asked this for it looks like it is just a normal thing to deal with while reading this thread.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: iPhone - 10th Jun 2011 1:25pm
No risks apart from warranty.
Posted By: TheDr Re: iPhone - 10th Jun 2011 2:09pm
No risks apart from warranty.

LOL

Have to agree, don't take it into Apple with Cydia loaded onto it, they don't take too kindly smile

To keep your warranty, or take it into Apple, all you have to do (especially with the new 4.3.3) is to put the phone into Restore mode, press the Shift key key on your keyboard when you click Restore on iTunes and reload the 4.3.3 software (from a stored file on your computer) onto the phone (you can download it) as if you try to do it straight from the server (via iTunes) it can fail
© Wirral-Wikiwirral