Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Received email from non exsistent email address - 7th Jun 2011 11:50am
how did i receive a email, but when i replied there is no such email address??
What's the exact error message (will be displayed in the email you got back from admin or postmaster informing that the email could not be delivered) and whats the email address?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Received email from non exsistent email address - 7th Jun 2011 11:57am
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. Delivery to the following recipients failed. [email protected]
Remove the 23 and see if it goes through? I don't think ntlworld addresses have numbers preceding the full stop.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Received email from non exsistent email address - 7th Jun 2011 12:08pm
no still not worked
The return mail address is actually entered (usually when they set up the account on their Outlook) by the sender, so if they've written it in incorrectly it will have a "send" but not a "return", it's also a REALLY basic way to send fake emails.

If you you click on the tab to view the complete header on the mail you should see more details of who sent it (the way you check when you do get fake mails) and this should give you some more details.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Received email from non exsistent email address - 7th Jun 2011 12:19pm
That's not a header :x
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Received email from non exsistent email address - 7th Jun 2011 12:27pm
how do i show header
There is no email address shown anywhere in that script, apart from yours (you might want to remove that, 3rd or 4th line down)

It's just the email header that is needed really, it looks like you've sent the script for the entire page smile
Under the date click the arrow next to reply and hit 'view message sauce'.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Received email from non exsistent email address - 7th Jun 2011 12:38pm
its come via gumtree, and that email address is there
He's put the wrong address in to his Gumtree account, happens all the time, send him a message via Gumtree (whatever his ad is) and tell him that you can't reply to him
Originally Posted by ex0__
'view message sauce'.

What does that taste like ?

Sorry, couldn't resist.... I'll try harder in future smile
Originally Posted by TheDr
What does that taste like ?

Sigh, too much time on undernet/4chan lol.
Ahh, the home of the chatroom junkie laugh
© Wirral-Wikiwirral