Forums
Posted By: Anonymous ORIGINAL XP PRO VERSION 2002 - 6th Jun 2011 5:25pm
Please does any one have an "ORIGINAL XP PRO DISC VERSION 2002"
3 people have been very kind to give me discs, I go through all the process of formatting my drive, and installing it all, doing all updates putting all my drivers on, then i do the restart, and it will not boot up, comes up saying blah blah blah blah, files missing blah blah blah blah.
and none of the discs ask for key code, so alarm bells ring.
So if someone has the original xp pro disc version 2003, they could loan me or burn me a copy, with out adding anything to it just a straight copy of original disc, i would be very very greatfull
Posted By: MattLFC Re: ORIGINAL XP PRO VERSION 2002 - 6th Jun 2011 5:28pm
What files is it saying are missing mate? If you've tried 3 discs, sounds like there could be a deeper issue here?

What hardware is your installing the drivers for? Does Windows run fine before you put any updates and drivers on it?

smile
Posted By: ex0__ Re: ORIGINAL XP PRO VERSION 2002 - 6th Jun 2011 5:44pm
Try the above without letting windows update and see if you still have the same problem? I've seen updates break a new install before.

You need to tell us the exact error message as well, "blah blah blah files missing" is more than useless.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: ORIGINAL XP PRO VERSION 2002 - 6th Jun 2011 5:51pm
I have just put a brand new 500gb harddrive in now, and am trying once more, if it works, then i will take harddrive back to pc world and demand money back, i dont fancy my chances

the only drivers i installed are epson printer and mother board driver and graphics driver
Posted By: ex0__ Re: ORIGINAL XP PRO VERSION 2002 - 6th Jun 2011 5:52pm
Have you downloaded the newest version of the mobo/chipset driver and the gfx drivers? Don't bother with printer drivers till the machine works.
Posted By: TheDr Re: ORIGINAL XP PRO VERSION 2002 - 6th Jun 2011 6:19pm
Hi

The one you picked up from my place today is the same one we use all the time for installs (we have the original as Trading Standards insist we have and then work using a copy as they tend to get scratched, a lot)
The disc you have is 100% working so it sounds as if something else isn't right.
If you're doing the install AND UPDATES and then it's failing on the restart try booting the machine in safe mode or VGA mode, there's a driver out at the moment (for a certain graphics chipset) which is on Windows update that causes the machine to freeze on reboot.
If this doesn't solve it just drop it down tomorrow and I'll sort it out for you.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral