Forums
Posted By: MrBrightside Left For Dead 2 / Left for Dead PC - 13th May 2011 7:29am
Heys guys any of you played this game for the pc?
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Left For Dead 2 / Left for Dead PC - 13th May 2011 7:41am
Played both.

I played L4D with a group of 6 or so for about half a year, we did some ESL matches as well.

L4D2 sucked though, only played for a few days. It's got nothing on the first.
Posted By: MrBrightside Re: Left For Dead 2 / Left for Dead PC - 13th May 2011 8:12am
I used to play too in a clan. Just local guys and had our own server. Its still up called Alley Cat Clan, Was a good laugh, used to play HL2 before that and good old CS 1.6, tbh i like the 2nd one as the gfx are a lot better but you need a hald way decent machine to run it. Need to get back on broadband at home to play it tho!
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Left For Dead 2 / Left for Dead PC - 13th May 2011 8:21am
Meh I never had a problem with the graphics, I'd just rebuilt my gaming rig I think so it wasn't a problem with running it. It was just the fact that they had taken something simple and fun and tried to turn it into something complicated. The melee weapons was a good idea but adding like 20 other guns was unnecessary.

And adding 2 largely useless classes to the zombie side made competitive playing harder because you had to suicide much more to get 4 hunters for those 4xinstant-knockdowns.

The first was simple and it worked well. 4 survivors, odds stacked against them, massive teamplay needed. You had to be careful what weapon you picked and what route you took as a team. Though most people (myself included) took pump shotgun > auto shotgun for hunter skeeting.

Yeah fantastic game the first one. We went from L4D to MW2, MW2 to BF2: BC2, We've been playing Bad Company Vietnam for ages now (nothing decent has come out since BC2)& we're hoping Brink which is out today will provide some new entertainment.
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Re: Left For Dead 2 / Left for Dead PC - 13th May 2011 9:09am
got the 360 versions, not much point in getting the original now since they've released all the L4D Campaigns Maps as DLC For L4D2
Posted By: MrBrightside Re: Left For Dead 2 / Left for Dead PC - 13th May 2011 9:46am
loved playing it using team speak
Posted By: Barham1989 Re: Left For Dead 2 / Left for Dead PC - 13th May 2011 11:59am
Brink looks fantastic!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Left For Dead 2 / Left for Dead PC - 13th May 2011 12:18pm
Originally Posted by JohnLeatherFix
I used to play too in a clan. Just local guys and had our own server. Its still up called Alley Cat Clan, Was a good laugh, used to play HL2 before that and good old CS 1.6, tbh i like the 2nd one as the gfx are a lot better but you need a hald way decent machine to run it. Need to get back on broadband at home to play it tho!

Yeah, counter strike was awesome back in the day, sniper elite (pc) is another awesome game, my disc broke now but I was playing it until the disc broke and probs still will when I get another copy. smile
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: Left For Dead 2 / Left for Dead PC - 13th May 2011 4:57pm
my missus is still hammering hl2 deathmatch
© Wirral-Wikiwirral