Forums
Posted By: jenscho xbox 360 'Infected by' messages - 26th Apr 2011 8:29pm
Anyone got any idea what's going on!!? (with regards to xbox, not in general smile ) Trying to play COD and messgaes keep coming up all the time like 'infected by shark at www.hackcod.fr team HCD' (something along those lines). It's happening again and again but I have no idea what it is. It's apparently not just me it's happening to but I don't know anyone who knows what it's all about so I thought I would try to pick some brains on here....
Posted By: MattLFC Re: xbox 360 'Infected by' messages - 26th Apr 2011 8:41pm
Nothing to worry about, a quick Google seems to suggest its just part of COD life?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=4184926
Posted By: oitsnik Re: xbox 360 'Infected by' messages - 26th Apr 2011 8:42pm
Im playing Black ops at the mo,Not having any problems other than the usual closed lobby stuff!
Posted By: jenscho Re: xbox 360 'Infected by' messages - 26th Apr 2011 8:45pm
It was happening yesterday and tonight, have asked on another 'forum' (yahoo answers!) and someone on there has had it too, but there is nothing to be found anywhere else! Hope yours stays ok for you...it's bloody annoying!!
Posted By: oitsnik Re: xbox 360 'Infected by' messages - 26th Apr 2011 8:47pm
I gave up playing modern warfare 2,thats been hacked to bits,Black ops seems ok so far,Fingers crossed :-)
Posted By: jenscho Re: xbox 360 'Infected by' messages - 26th Apr 2011 8:50pm
Cheers Matt, just read all that. Wouldn't mind but I searched for ages last night and couldn't find anything! Mind you, my search thingy is 'bing' which has let me down a few times!
Posted By: ex0__ Re: xbox 360 'Infected by' messages - 26th Apr 2011 10:02pm
This page seems to suggest that its just a JTAG injection. Looks like a simple hack that dumps a message into the xbox memory so rebooting should fix it.
Posted By: history Re: xbox 360 'Infected by' messages - 27th Apr 2011 9:21pm
I agree, i play COD MOD2and get the hacked by blah blah in SHARK FR. IT IS ANNOYING as soon as i see it i get off that room. just in case i get hacked. especially after hearing of playstation getting hacked. .... How do u complain to microsoft about loss of satisfaction of game play when that comes on the screen?it ruins your view of game play screen (and we pay to play online).
Annoyed
Posted By: ex0__ Re: xbox 360 'Infected by' messages - 28th Apr 2011 1:49am
Originally Posted by history
I agree, i play COD MOD2and get the hacked by blah blah in SHARK FR. IT IS ANNOYING as soon as i see it i get off that room. just in case i get hacked. especially after hearing of playstation getting hacked. .... How do u complain to microsoft about loss of satisfaction of game play when that comes on the screen?it ruins your view of game play screen (and we pay to play online).
Annoyed

I think you're confused - you do realise that game 'hackers' are little more than kids that cheat at games, right? As a pose to say, the crackers that broke into PSN's internal networks and stole user data. They are worlds apart and two completely different things.

tldr: The message is just a cute trick by someone that learned how to inject a message via a game lobby. It's not serious at all.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral