Forums
Posted By: Nelzy84 Sky - 9th Apr 2011 7:51am
Anyone know how easy it is to split a signal to another telly

Can i ask the engineer to do it as a foreigner whilst fitting downstairs box?
Posted By: baldybrewer Re: Sky - 9th Apr 2011 8:47am
Use one of these http://www.sky-remotes.com/sky-magic-eye.shtml
Posted By: Geekus Re: Sky - 9th Apr 2011 9:10am
Have seen those Magic Eye things selling at Tesco, Nelzy. Usually located with all the other TV/Audio gimmickry. Don't have one myself, but they look simple enough to connect.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Sky - 9th Apr 2011 10:27am
Pretty simple, and its always worth asking the engineer to do a magic eye install for you, as they usually will. My dad used to do them all the time, only take a few minutes on top of a normal install.

If you want seperate control over one tell from the other, you just need another box with 1/2 feeds from the LNB (depending on if it is regular Sky or Sky+).

Most LNB's they fit now have 4 feeds to supply 2x Sky+ boxes, but they do have octo-LNB's on the vans.

smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Sky - 9th Apr 2011 12:55pm
That magic eye thing will work a treat - i have one in my room that runs up from the Sky HD box, around the house and up into my room. It's like having the box in your room, except obviously you have to be watching the same thing on both TV's - works well for me as I can't physically do that!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Sky - 9th Apr 2011 12:56pm
I think we have an octo-LNB due to having 2 sky+ HD boxes? As each both takes 4 feeds as I understand it?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Sky - 9th Apr 2011 4:17pm
Unless the new 1TB boxes have quad channel capacbilities, the Sky+HD have 2x feeds for each box (the same as Sky+)? Im not 100% sure so don't quote me on that, but I thought V+/TVDrive was the only system with more than dual channel capabilities (before anyone corrects me, Topfield terrestrial boxes sometimes have more, but that is due to a 3rd party unofficial mux recording hack rather than individual feeds - we were developing the same system at TopUp TV, as it was likely to be required for our OD content with an anticipated future loss of mux capacity, until the excutives decided to call it a day on making losses and changed the direction of the company lol).
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Sky - 10th Apr 2011 6:53am
Thanks for all the advice peeps, engineer mentioned the magic eye option and said i needed to run a co ax from livingroom up to the bedroom, he wouldn't do it as a foreigner whilst he was fitting living room but said there are plenty of companies that do, thanks for all the good advice smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Sky - 10th Apr 2011 7:49am
Les, I have a spare magic eye here, you're more then welcome to plug it into the box and see if it works. Not got any spare co-ax cable but I'm in the process of redecorating the room and it's in a bag.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Sky - 10th Apr 2011 8:11am
Get some co-ax from Maplin in Cheshire Oaks, or if its not urgent, it will be cheaper online/ebay.

smile
Posted By: baldybrewer Re: Sky - 10th Apr 2011 9:27am
Is it satellite coax you are after I have some here just let me know how long you need it.
Posted By: Wiggi77 Re: Sky - 10th Apr 2011 9:42am
What about using a wireless av sender. Plug one in sky box and one in the other telly and it sends the signal through. I've got sky multiroom and got a sender on both so can watch sky on four tellys
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Sky - 10th Apr 2011 4:56pm
Originally Posted by Alex85
Les, I have a spare magic eye here, you're more then welcome to plug it into the box and see if it works. Not got any spare co-ax cable but I'm in the process of redecorating the room and it's in a bag.

Cheers Al, very good of you that mate, worth a go to see if it will work i can then pick one up with any wiring etc., Nice one dude smile
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Sky - 11th Apr 2011 9:52am
Originally Posted by baldybrewer
Is it satellite coax you are after I have some here just let me know how long you need it.

Nice one Baldy again, very good of you mate probably will need 12 - 13ft of it, will sort you some spondoolies out if you have enough spare
© Wirral-Wikiwirral