Forums
Posted By: BandyCoot Ink Refills - 5th Apr 2011 9:19am
Can't find any thread referencing this.

Where is the best place in Birkenhead Area to obtain HP Ink Cartridges please?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Ink Refills - 5th Apr 2011 9:29am
When we require a laser toner urgently in work, we go to Cartridge World in Birkenhead, and they give us a swapped one on the spot (refilled (re-manufactured as they call it) and take the old toner off us). They are by Tranmere Rovers, just down the road from the Halfway House.

Their number is 608 5522 (on a toner I have next to me). The store/franchise number is 9663?

Having said that, personally, I purchase HP cartridges off eBay and have done for years, the official ones can be bought at a fraction of the price of the shops (as little as £5 for black and £7 for colour), and Tesco do refill kits for £4 for black, and £5 for colour iirc, you can get em at the Tesco store in Brom.

Although tbh, I bought a Brother laser printer, and hardly ever use the HP Photosmart now lol - the toners on laser last for yonks, and 20 pages a minute for crystal clear black text, an inkjet just can't compete haha. You can even get laser toner refill kits off the bay though tbh, my toners are £16 a piece for 2500~ pages, so thats not even really worth it!
Posted By: buddy Re: Ink Refills - 5th Apr 2011 9:30am
I find the supermarket own brands OK - Tesco/ASDA
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Ink Refills - 5th Apr 2011 9:32am
Cheers fellahs, will have a dekko. Just that with being a returnee to area I still haven't a clue of where and what. I'm getting there though.

oldman
Posted By: detsi Re: Ink Refills - 5th Apr 2011 12:15pm
If you fancy going on-line I can recommend these
http://www.cartridgepeople.com/
Not refills, but replacements cheaper than refills.
Posted By: johncon Re: Ink Refills - 5th Apr 2011 6:38pm
I have been using these for a couple of years now good quality and value plus fast delivery
http://www.hornseainkjets.co.uk/
thumbsup
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Ink Refills - 5th Apr 2011 6:50pm
Joh, just went to your link, found my cartridge http://www.hornseainkjets.co.uk/canon-bci-24-3-black-3-colour-519-p.asp is this 3 of each for £12? bit hard to understand what you get

Thanks
Posted By: johncon Re: Ink Refills - 5th Apr 2011 7:00pm
When i have dealt with them what is highlghted in red is what you get.
so i would think from your link you would get 3x black + 1x each colour most of their sales are multiple blacks with 1 of each colour required
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Ink Refills - 5th Apr 2011 7:28pm
cheers john, a bargain it is at that price given 1 colour and 1 blk is £25!
Posted By: johncon Re: Ink Refills - 5th Apr 2011 7:34pm
my epson cartridges were stupid prices and i got 4x black and 2x each colour for £22 and all working no problem !!!
Posted By: Garygadge Re: Ink Refills - 5th Apr 2011 7:46pm
Not sure about HP, but I get Epson compatible cartridges in ellesmere port market, £6 set of 6 (5 colour & 1 black).
Never had a problem with them even high res photos.
Posted By: Nigel Re: Ink Refills - 7th Apr 2011 7:36am
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
Can't find any thread referencing this.

Where is the best place in Birkenhead Area to obtain HP Ink Cartridges please?

Buy them online, You will save a packet!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral