Forums
Posted By: history Printed Circuit Boards, repairs. - 20th Mar 2011 2:11pm
Hi People,
I have two PSU circuit boards out of 43" plasmas that need fixing, one has a blown resistor and cannot see any other damage so that would be a simple replace and solder job, (never soldered and dont have a soldering iron).
The second board seems to be okay but there is no power going into it (checked fuse and some basic digital multimeter testing) and cannot find any probs with it.
So the question is ...Does anyone know how to fix/test these boards please.
Thanks for looking.
Cheers
Posted By: Colski Re: Printed Circuit Boards, repairs. - 20th Mar 2011 2:14pm
190 degrees c 4 minutes in the oven
smile
Posted By: kimpri Re: Printed Circuit Boards, repairs. - 20th Mar 2011 2:42pm
I can lend you a soldering iron.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Printed Circuit Boards, repairs. - 20th Mar 2011 2:46pm
More than Likley something has caused the resister to blow, if you simply replace it it could blow again..

do you have any schematics for the model you are trying to fix..

You will need to go over the circuit in question with a multimeter and find out whats caused it to blow...

I know it was pretty har do to this on older televisions, never mind new plasmas, Do you have any knowledge of this kind of thing?
Posted By: history Re: Printed Circuit Boards, repairs. - 20th Mar 2011 2:49pm
Thanks, But soldering is not for me, to miniscule.
Posted By: history Re: Printed Circuit Boards, repairs. - 20th Mar 2011 2:59pm
Hi Sanchez,
It is a Pioneer PDP 433mxe plasma and is renouned for it's psu's going 'POP'. Was given one with blown psu and eventually got another one with busted screen, swapped psu's and it worked fine for 6 months or so and that power board has now packed up (just switched it on as normal).
I also have a spare board that has no power going to it. So 3 boards, 2 blown and 1 dead. (PCB2310 OR AXY1059) They can be bought for around £130 but i aint got that cash. Not much in experience but have the boards out. and dont have schematics.
Cheers Mike
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Printed Circuit Boards, repairs. - 20th Mar 2011 7:31pm
Tbh mike, Just keep your eyes peeled on the bay and try and get a second hander, you might damage it tring to fix it...

Annoying I know but its worth the wait..
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Printed Circuit Boards, repairs. - 20th Mar 2011 7:44pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez
Tbh mike, Just keep your eyes peeled on the bay and try and get a second hander, you might damage it tring to fix it...

I was thinking the same. Some power supplies won't work properly without connecting it to the screen - if you use a dodgy supply there is always the risk that if the output voltage is high or fluctuating it could blow the rest of the TV.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Printed Circuit Boards, repairs. - 20th Mar 2011 8:20pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Originally Posted by Sanchez

I was thinking the same. Some power supplies won't work properly without connecting it to the screen - if you use a dodgy supply there is always the risk that if the output voltage is high or fluctuating it could blow the rest of the TV.

Agreed!
Posted By: history Re: Printed Circuit Boards, repairs. - 21st Mar 2011 5:24pm
Okay peeps, THANKYOU for your time and input, much appreciated.
But will take them to a firm in Liverpool called OHM SUPPLIES, looking at their site it looks like they might save the day with these boards. Will let u know how i get on.
Again thanks.
Mike
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Printed Circuit Boards, repairs. - 21st Mar 2011 6:27pm
Good find - they've moved up in the world from when I last noticed them thumbsup
Posted By: history Re: Printed Circuit Boards, repairs. - 22nd Mar 2011 9:35pm
Hiya Peeps, Went to OHM and the 2 blown boards not worth repairing due to the fact that what caused them to blow could happen again, the dead one they might be able to do something with it BUT that would cost £50 + VAT but no gaurantees, for that sort of money i might aswell buy a new one which i cant afford.
So will have to wait and keep looking on the bay.
Thanks again Guys.
Posted By: Digital_twiddler Re: Printed Circuit Boards, repairs. - 19th Apr 2011 4:50pm
@history. What make and model tv are the boards out of as I have a few boards or I could look at them for you?
Posted By: history Re: Printed Circuit Boards, repairs. - 21st Apr 2011 3:19pm
Hi, The monitor is PIONEER 433MXE PDP and i am after a power supply board which has two sets of numbers on AXY1059 or PCB2310.
Thanks M
Posted By: Digital_twiddler Re: Printed Circuit Boards, repairs. - 23rd Apr 2011 1:02pm
Sorry History! I've had a good look and don't have any of those boards. Did you check all the electrolytic type caps? are you ok doing this/have the equipment? What about other components on these boards, any burn marks, dry joints etc?
Posted By: history Re: Printed Circuit Boards, repairs. - 23rd Apr 2011 1:33pm
Have pm you.
Cheers
© Wirral-Wikiwirral