Forums
Posted By: MerseyMan Help converting VHS to digital format. - 31st Dec 2010 4:15pm
Can anyone help me please? I have two short dvd's of sentimental value that I need converting to digital format before the 2 VHS cassettes decide to give up the ghost and the movies are lost forever. Have any of you Wiki Wirraler's the ability to do this for me? I can provide dvd's. Any help will be greatly appreciated. smile
Posted By: Nigel Re: Help converting VHS to digital format. - 31st Dec 2010 5:42pm
There is an adaptor that goes from the scart socket on the VHS to the S-Video on your computer, I cant think of the name of the kit, but it is fairly expensive. I priced it once but it was cheaper to buy the DVD equivilant of what I wanted to transfer as it was still available but not on VHS!
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Help converting VHS to digital format. - 31st Dec 2010 6:01pm
are your vhs tapes in long play or short play
I have a vhs to dvd recorder (remote not working tho)may be able to help maybe after the festive season over
Posted By: MerseyMan Re: Help converting VHS to digital format. - 5th Jan 2011 9:44pm
Hey Derek thanks for offer smile let me know when you can help me thanks.
Also thanks to you Nigel smile
Posted By: stumpyduck Re: Help converting VHS to digital format. - 7th Feb 2011 4:35pm
i can do this m8 .if you still need it doing
© Wirral-Wikiwirral