Forums
Posted By: Toffeenose Strict NAT - 27th Dec 2010 11:54am
Hello folks....whats the easiest way to change the NAT on your router from strict/moderate , to open , so i can play online black ops on my 360....any help greatly appreciated...
Posted By: Mark Re: Strict NAT - 27th Dec 2010 1:21pm
Google the name of your router and model number
you should get some hints.
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Strict NAT - 27th Dec 2010 1:46pm
i done that ....absolutely baffled me , i'm hoping to find an answer in plain English... or a shortcut.
Posted By: dan0h Re: Strict NAT - 27th Dec 2010 2:07pm
Quite often its something you cannot control, though in a weird twist, often if you restart the router it'll be fine. I've never got to the bottom of it either, I have an old D-Link router at home that occasionally goes "Strict". I restart it, and its fine for the next six months. Very odd.
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Strict NAT - 27th Dec 2010 2:17pm
Originally Posted by dan0h
Quite often its something you cannot control, though in a weird twist, often if you restart the router it'll be fine. I've never got to the bottom of it either, I have an old D-Link router at home that occasionally goes "Strict". I restart it, and its fine for the next six months. Very odd.
yeahh..you are right , i normally do that myself , and usually get away with it , but it just wont have it this time ......doin me nut in ...
Posted By: manc54 Re: Strict NAT - 27th Dec 2010 2:24pm
well i dunno if this helps but when i changed the parental settings on my xbox my nat stayed at open. i just set the xbox to accept everything eg no filtering of content etc
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Strict NAT - 27th Dec 2010 2:37pm
Originally Posted by manc54
well i dunno if this helps but when i changed the parental settings on my xbox my nat stayed at open. i just set the xbox to accept everything eg no filtering of content etc
Will try that mate.....btw Manc 54 , do you work in a well known local car factory.
Posted By: manc54 Re: Strict NAT - 27th Dec 2010 2:40pm
yea do i know you ?
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Strict NAT - 27th Dec 2010 3:21pm
you sure do , you lazy sod hahaha
Posted By: dan0h Re: Strict NAT - 27th Dec 2010 4:27pm
As a temporary measure (use with extreme caution) you could try turning off ALL firewall functions in your router? Or setup a DMZ for the IP that your '360 uses. Its not hugely safe, but it might be enough to get you online.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral