Forums
Posted By: 24424m Buying a refurbished desktop pc - 18th Dec 2010 1:20pm
I urgently need to buy a 2nd hand desktop pc, and am on a fairly limited budget.

The spec doesn't need to be fantastic, as its usage will be for internet, email, video streaming (bbci, youtube etc), but not for gaming or such like.

I've been in touch with a company in Wallasey, who are Dell partners, and seem okay, and have been offered a 1 year old Compaq, with Windows Vista, Microsoft Office / Works, and 1 year's free McAfee security suite, for £170, including installation, a 3 months guarentee and 28 days support re software/setup issues etc. I already have a keyboard, monitor and mouse.

I'm clueless when it comes to computers, but does this sound a reasonable deal?

Apparently the RAM is only 1 gig, but I'm told that should be fine for my usage does that sound right?

Cheers in advance,

24424m
Posted By: lansyp Re: Buying a refurbished desktop pc - 18th Dec 2010 1:47pm
Try giga bytes in rock ferry ask the Dr on here he works there
Posted By: TheDr Re: Buying a refurbished desktop pc - 18th Dec 2010 2:39pm
Thanks for the rec.

Just give us a call on 0151 644 0880 (10 - 6)

We've got a lot of refurbished desktops in,(all with Genuine Windows installed and updated ready to go). I think the cheapest is about £40 up to £200 for 3800+ Dual Core with 2GB (£180 if you mention Wiki when you come in)
Posted By: 24424m Re: Buying a refurbished desktop pc - 18th Dec 2010 5:11pm
Cheers for that Dr thumbsup

Called your place before and spoke to a very helpful lady, so have plenty of food for thought now, and may well pop in next week for a mooch round.

Thanks again, and enjoy the staff do wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral